Mid-season grades

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Audioman, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Audioman

Audioman Camp Fodder

Well the Titans are halfway through the season. What are your grades for
    Fish, MR, CJ, LW, Schwartz, KFC, receivers, Dinger, AH, KVB, etc. I await
    your opinions.

2. Audioman

Audioman Camp Fodder

Here are mine:

Fisher - B+ Better than average coach + good players = Good season
    MR - B Good money management, Hits on 1st rnd again
    CJ - A Everything and more we hoped for
    LW - B+ A 50 yd and an 80 yd run in the same season, are you kidding me?
    Schwartz - B He's got good talent and has them playing well
    KFC - B- Not the greatest, but all we need with our D
    Redeivers - C- Still the weakest link but Brandon Jones is playing well And I like the Hawk
    Dinger - B+ Getting it done against average defences with no wideouts
    AH - A- Looks like he's going to get the money
    KVB - B- Playing well but can't stay on the field
    VY - incomplete Must repeat the course

3. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Fisher: A. It's not always the most popular philosophy, but after years of the downsides of Fisherball we're seeing the good sides. More than anything he's kept the team focused through a QB change, "trap game", bye week, MNF divisional rivalry, and now a short week against a top team. That's good coaching.

MR: A. He's missed on a few draft picks here an there, and you can criticize his FA approach, but his "depth" approach has kept us alive recently with injuries on the D line. Carr has quietly turned our return game around. Johnson was a home-run. The season is long and at some point you'll need your 3rd stringers and special teamers to win a game for you. Titans look like they can make that happen.

CJ: A+. He's made the coaches look good. He's made the O line look good. He's made Collins look good. He's made LenDale look good. And we haven't used him to his full potential yet. So far seems much more durable than we expected, too.

LW: A for production, A+ for everything else. The low YPC average is deceiving because we ask a lot of 3rd & 1 from him. A stat we stunk on last year he's delivered in a big way this year. I think his play opens room for CJ, and his attitude towards Johnson is going to make them an incredible tandem for a while. For a guy with a supposed attitude problem, he's been the perfect teammate.

Schwartz & Dinger: B? I could go either way here. The thing that counts the most in my mind is the red-zone, and both the O and D have been very good there. I think Dinger is a huge upgrade over Chow, but I also suspect his players are making it easy for him. Same with Schwartz. They both have instilled very good fundamentals in the team, though, so I'm inclined to lean more to a B+.

KFC: B. I put him in the Dinger/Schwartz category... I think the guys around him have made him look good, more than the other way around. But when push comes to shove he's put them in a position to win the game every week. I'll take a consistent, solid QB over an erratic star any day (and I don't mean VY there). Vince could learn a lot from KFC though.

receivers: C+. They go with KFC. We could ask for better plays from them, but at the same time they've somehow been clutch in the 4th Q when we needed it. If they would just show up earlier in the game we'd be demolishing teams "a la" last year's Pats.

AH, KVB: A+. They go hand-in-hand. Alone they are very good players, together they are a work of art. AH seems to have had some of KVB's motor rubbed off on him, and is playing like he wants to win a championship... even more than he's playing for a fat check after the season. I think.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Aday25

Aday25 TITANSDAY

8-0 record...Deserves an A. No one, not even I expected to have this record at this point. The only reason I won't give an A+ is we need to improved play on the offense (mostly receiver core). However I will give them this, they've gotten the job done when it mattered the most. They get the job done and I can't complain.

5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Overall: A

Quarterbacks: B- (KC has played pretty well)

Runningbacks: A+ (CJ is ROY and LW is getting the scores)

Wide Recievers/Tight Ends: D- (Have to give some rep to Scaife.)

Offensive Line: A+ (what 4 sacks allowed this year?)

Defensive Line: A- (If KVB could stay healthy)

Linebackers: B- (Bulluck and Thornton don't have as many tackles as usual)

Safeties: B+ (Griffin is a great player and Hope is playing way better)

Cornerbacks: A (Finnegan is one of the best CB's and Harper is having a good season)

Fisher: A (Dealing with VY and having a great defense)

Rest of coaching staff: A ( mostly Dinger, Schwartz play calling has been more questionable)

Reinfeldt: C (Can we get a freaking WR?!)

6. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Fisher- A+ Well it hasn't been pretty but we haven't lost a game so how can we give him anything less?

MR- B I'm liking a lot of our young players but we went into the season with a void at receiver and we still have one, have to blame that on him.

CJ and LW- A I grouped them together. I mean it's a great tandem attack, speed and power.

Schwartz- B+ There's sometimes when we do stupid things on defense like let running backs who aren't that good hurt us, or don't apply much pressure. Not to mention we sometimes bend a little too much but were the #1 scoring defense so I can't complain too much.

KFC- B- Other than a few drives he doesn't make a whole lot of plays, but he doesn't get sacked, turn the ball over, or lose games. So I have to give him a high grade.

Receivers- C- I'd give a slightly higer grade if tight end was included in this but if were talking just receivers than it's a C-. Jones has been a nice surprise but he's not going to set the world on fire, Hawkins has some promise, JMC will make 1 great play then have about 5 drops, Gage has been our biggest letdown of the year IMO, he drops too many passes and doesn't look like he's giving 100% on every play.

Dinger- B He gets an A+ for our run game but a C- for our passing game so it averages out o a B. I'd like to see maybe some trickery to be honest. Maybe CJ in the wildcat or add Young as a receiver? Maybe something to try on Thanksgiving when were up 21 at the end of the 1st quarter.

AH- A+ Defensive MVP, pay him whatever he wants.

KVB- C+ He's great when he plays but he's been a little banged up this year. He has lots of room to move up, maybe to an A once he gets better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar