Microsoft to offer SIX (6) versions of Vista ?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Puck, Mar 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

good post

Just because thousands of people use Windows (which usually isn't by "choice" but because their $500 PC came bundled with it), doesn't mean they know what they're doing

sure, there are gonna be a handful of IT geeks who'll know what's going on,but your average user will either under or overbuy the product

I forsee mass confusion
    and a few new Mac users because of it

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

So because one lab has a few clueless people it translates into the majority of America being clueless?

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

when was the issue of general public ever raised?

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

half of the people that have computers no little more what to do with it than go online, check email and play solitaire

people take their PC's to CompUsa / BestBuy / etc.. to get some pretty basic tasks performed. i bet alot of people don't even know what 'msconfig' is or does and certainly not why

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

how 'bout post #1 or #6

6. maximus

maximus Starter

When it comes to a computer, a majority of America can write a paper, burn/rip cds, and surf the net. Very few(relatively) can use Excel to a descent extent and know PowerPoint enough to make it look good.
    Ask an American what C++ is?-Most have no clue.

7. Actually, there are going to be 8 versions. 2 of them are for Europe only with WMP stripped out.

MS is going to confuse people too much. I can understand the value of multiple versions, but they have too many. Yet people will still buy Vista...

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

didn't we have this same discussion like a month ago?

I gurantee Bill Gates is taking care of Bill Gates with 6 versions of Vista that much is a given.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

what is this antitrust ruling by the European Union?

10. maximus

maximus Starter

I wish Bill Gates would take care of maximus

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar