Microsoft is evil

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Gunny, Nov 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

The new NXE update has apparently caused the RROD for numerous 360 consoles, coincidentally the originally three year warranty has apparently run out and a Microsoft rep said that the NXE would cause troubles.

I would not be surprised to see Microsoft have an agenda with this stuff. This is simply very pathetic engineering.

2. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

rut ro!

just downloaded the NXE update

is there a link?

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

4. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

interesting stuff - the timing is suspicious

i've already voided the warranty so I hope (knock on wood) this turns out to be chicken little stuff

5. Toly

Toly Free your mind

I've seen a couple of articles about it, but it would be very wierd if that turns out to be true. I mean, the RROD is a hardware issue, while the NXE is nothing more than a firmware update.

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

except there are tiny little explosives set to detonate and bring on rrod. all it takes is a command from Redmond, Washington. Every xbox is a time bomb just waiting for the self destruct code.

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I highly doubt the NXE has anything to do with it
    it was a fairly small file and took half the time to download as most demos

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

who's ?
    you've made the statement as if all warranties have expired which is incorrect, as a matter of fact .......
    ... which means that EVERY 360 in existence is still under the 3-year RROD coverage ... at least until Saturday

9. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I knew of two individuals personally who downloaded the NXE download and got the RROD in less than 12 hours after the install. Whatever the cause, I think we can all continue to shake our collective heads at Microsoft's disastrous engineering of the 360. It's a shame, because it's probably the only big flaw with the hardware itself.

10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

well, I'm looking forward to it then
    save me the $300 I'm about to spend on a new one

if it bricks it, then I'll consider it a favor (odd I know)

again, the NXE is a simple firmware / software update
    it should have nothing to do with the system overheating

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar