Microsoft drop mandatory Kinect

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Gunny, May 13, 2014.

1. Fry

Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Lol. Surprised?

Two of my friends got PS4s. I'll be getting one in a month or two. I'm really in no hurry since I still have three games on PS3 to beat and the only game I'm interested in playing on PS4 is MLB The Show 14.
  2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith LET'S GO PREDATORS!!!!

I miss arcades. There was nothing like going to the arcade in the mall, and getting my butt kicked by the teenagers in Mortal Kombat II.
  3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

It would be pretty funny if PS4 cut 50 bucks off their price, won't happen but would interesting to see how Microsoft would react.
  4. RTH

RTH Meh...

Agreed. That filled my youth while my mom shopped.
    But... eventually, it became nothing but fighting games and even DDR-type games. Also kept getting more and more expensive. Pretty much priced themselves out of business. If they'd stayed reasonable, I still would spend time there even after getting the newest game console.
  5. Gunny

Gunny Lord and Master Tip Jar Donor

I actually won't be surprised if this happens.
  6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith LET'S GO PREDATORS!!!!

I think they stopped making arcade games, for the most part. Good home consoles killed the business, I think. You will find games that were made for the arcades, but not many that crossover to the consoles very often. I remember playing games in arcades a long time before they ever reached SNES/Sega or whatnot.

In Japan, It's still big, I hear. But home consoles can match the audio and video of Arcade machines now, so I think it's just a bygone era.