Michael Waddell on IR...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Sukrillux, Sep 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sukrillux

Sukrillux Guest

I just noticed this in the Titans website. I knew that he would miss 5-6 weeks of the regular season, but all of them? Mike's got some kid to injure his dad for a full year :ha: Get that boy a jersey and put him on our D-line! :))

2. nendzone

nendzone All Titans, All the Time

I can't imagine that's right. They would have no reason to IR him when they can put him on PUP/reserve. In fact, I thought they already put him on the PUP/reserve when the first cuts came down last week. They can still do that if he was on the non-football injury list, right?

3. Sukrillux

Sukrillux Guest

http://www.titansonline.com/team/players/name.php

It shows that he is on the IR list. Before now, he has been listed with all the other players. Does IR affect the total 53 man roster? Does the IR players count against them? If not, that's the only reason I see for doing that. That's still money on the sideline for the last half of the season though.

4. nendzone

Last week, they reported that he was moved to the reserved/non-football injury list. Which I really don't believe is the same as IR. I'm pretty sure it functions the same as physically unable to perform, but indicates that the team is not liable for his salary because it was not a "work"-related injury.

Although I imagine they'll pay him anyway.

IR, PUP/reserve, and NFI/reserve do NOT count against the 53. That's why there's no reason to go to IR. They should be able to evaluate him after week 6 and decide then if they want to activate him or move him to IR at that point.

5. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

Yeah this move makes no sense.

6. nendzone

I don't think the Titans really did that; I think it's not reported properly on titansonline (which....not a shock, there).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar