Michael Vick

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jdee, Dec 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

it's Randall ..... with an 'a'
    :winker:

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Cutler is probably the better "true" passer of the top 5 QB's coming out

yes, he took some chances - he had to
    he also put Vanderbilt in position to win ballgames
    it's all about the win

3. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

That constant gambling may translate well in College, but in the Pros it definitely won't fly.

4. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

When your the QB at Vandy you have to take some risks if your going to win games in the SEC. I wouldn't be disapointed if we drafted Cutler. He's smart, we know that. Some questions arrise about his over all ability and I think it's just a Vandy thing stuffed in the back of my mind. Hell, now days it's hard to pin point true talent when you trying to find a QB. If you look at all the QB's taken over that last few years there's been some good and some bad. David Carr was supposed to be the next super star and for whatever reason he's suck's. Same with Harrington in Detroit. Phillip Rivers is on the bench. Simms is terrible down in Tampa (though a third round draft pick still a risky pick). It's a huge gamble no matter who you take, there just aren't any gaurantees anymore and it seems like judging a QB's talent is the hardest thing for these scouts to do. Two perfect examples: Tom Brady - UDFA & Ryan Leaf-1st pick horrible bust.

5. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

Tom Brady was a 5th or 6th round selection and I agree, QB's seem the hardest for this guys to grade.

6. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

Both Tom Brady and Marc Bulger came out of the same draft in the 6th round (kind of odd considering the number of busts or players not played at all taken before them both).

7. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

THAT is why I don't buy all this draft pick crap.

8. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

what is this... vicks second or third probowl?

i dont get it man

9. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

Marc Bulger is having trouble staying on the field here as of late and another late round selection is coming in and doing just as good a job recently. I'd say Brady is the only stand out of late round QB's. Although, wasn't Trent Green a late round selection or UDFA?

10. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

actually... it was the 8th rd.
    the stat confused me until i realized back then there were more than 7 rounds... in '92 there were 12 rds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar