Michael Vick

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jdee, Dec 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

He had happy feet last night. He didn't give his receivers chance to get off the line before he was scrambling with no pressure in front of him. It's decisions like that; Grossman had it in abundance. Get the ball and looking through his reads and Grossman is only a 3rd year with 2 years out

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

And Grossman hasn't hardly played his first three years because of injuries.
    Of course if Vick played against the Titans he would have a career day.

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

you can't blitz Vick - MbSGWb Schwartz

ok I admit I made that quote up, but only cause Altanta was not on the schedule this year

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Steve McNair was one of college's most prolific passer
    he set over 40 NCAA records
    Culpepper was above average
    McNabb was not quite near as good, I Still don't think he's an elite NFL QB

Vick isn't even in McNabb's class - now or then
    and he never will be. he just doesn't have the mechanics
    by the time he hits 30 it'll be too late to learn

I liken Vince Young to Mike
    electric runner ..... marginal passer - at best

but nothing says you have to be able to pass to be successful

5. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

In Young's case, he's shown that he is committed to improving his mechanics and becoming a better passer. I would like to see Young here if he comes out. Being behind a guy like Steve for a year or two and let Chow work with him on his Mechanics could do him a world of good. Young could be as dangerous as Vick, but a much better passer. Personally, I think Young could be more a Randall Cunningham then a Vick.

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I agree with you DT

I too would like to see Vince Young a Titan

however, I think our future QB will come in this draft

7. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

My hope is for Jay Cutler to become the next big titan qb.

8. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

I dunno about Cutler. He's to much of a gambler for my liking and tends to get careless with his throws some times.

9. kimberly

kimberly Camp Fodder

hey i would not mind having a randell cunningham like guy here, randell was amazing in his day, a human highlight real.

10. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

Vick always struggles with Da Bears, largely b/c Urlacher has the speed to spy on him, keep him in check. Throw in the fact that Atl is a dome team playing in the snow at Soldier Field...it was to be expected.

I'm all for either Young or Cutler, I just want #9 to stay around until he's ready (a la Favre- which, I realize isn't a good comparison right now, but still). I would also like for an upgrade to the D, somehow. LB? S?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar