Michael Vick - A Big What If???

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Chapparal97, Jul 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

The two intriguing names in the 2010 free agent list are Jason Campbell and Troy Smith, both who seem like MUCH better options than Vick. If neither of them come here than I'd take a draft pick over Vick. I just don't ever foresee us ever in a position where we would ever wish we could have had Vick.

What people seem to forget (the 2 live Stu's on ESPN in particular) is how bad of a passer Vick was. Yea he could run but that was the extent of his offensive contributions.

In fact the only QB with a worse completion percentage than Vick 3 years ago was Vince Young, so basically your just getting a slightly better Young, but given the layoff, you might not even be getting that.

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I would be interested in Jason Campbell. Through 8 games last year, he had not turned the ball over... that's just our style. I'm not sure what he did in the last 8 games... I'm sure it wasn't stellar since they finished 2-6, but I think he could work in our system.

Troy Smith, however, is far from what we need IMO.

3. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Well Campbell doesn't seem to be working out in Washington but their a bit of a mess of a team so whatever, if they are thinking of getting rid of him I'd like to pick him up.

As for Smith, I liked what I saw in his games he played as a rookie, I've always maintained he can be a good QB, better than Flacco.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Best option? No.

NFL QBs don't take two seasons away from the game and come back effective.

5. ruby10football

ruby10football Camp Fodder

I still vote for VY to make a great comeback this year. I'm hopin he replaces KC and proves everyone wrong. I believe he has definately learned his lesson and matured because of it. He was and still is very young and I think he's got what it takes. Go VY!!

6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I say we get him. We don't play him at QB this year just put him low in the WR depth chart. Give him some playing time, back to game speed, NFL workouts again. Then when KC is released or retires, it'll be VY vs Vick.

7. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Is mike vick not better than 32 qbs in this league? He is better than at least 14 or 15 and his numbers do back it up. He is an upgrade over Ramsey and maybe VY, plus he is cheap and we could make up our mind between the two. I take that back, he is better than VY, lets get the roster better, and Vick is an upgrade and he will be Titans priced cheap! Wont happin but would make sense

8. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

My prediction for the Michael Vick....The New England Patriots.

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Newsgrabber posted one last night. New England didn't seem all that interested.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-nfl-vick&prov=ap&type=lgns

10. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Who knows, he's definitely getting less interest than a lot of people expected him to get.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar