Michael Smith picks Titans for superbowl

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Ten_Titans, Oct 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

Form an opinion, throw it out there as truth and never let facts get in the way of propaganda!

The team plans to cut ties — one way or another — with Vince Young in the coming weeks. Coach Jeff Fisher says Kerry Collins is welcome to return, but as a backup. Rusty Smith is, based on his first career start (a 20-0 loss at Houston) — at best — a work in progress. "“We’re going to go out and decide who’s going to be there,” Fisher said. “ … We’ll simply do our best we can to illustrate the direction of this franchise.”

http://nashvillecitypaper.com/content/sports/quarterback-change-has-history-positive-results-titans

3. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

Says the guy who's profile picture contains a #5 and #10 jersey. Get over yourself and stop with the empty rhetoric. Just mentioning Donnie Avery helping the Titans offense near the top of the league shows you don't know what you're talking about.

4. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

Spreading it thin these days but even moron logic says having a Hasselbeck quality QB would have improved the 2008 teams chances at a SB.

The Colts had Peyton Manning fall into their lap and the Titans had VY which 6 years in he's 1/50th of the player Manning has been at the most important position in sports and yet Jeff Fisher is 1 SB win away from matching the "great" Tony Dungy.

Fisher is gone, the VY backers, 20 somethings and Madden Gamers don't like him, we get it. He's not the kind of coach who would let Mike Vick run and throw for 500 yards in a loss to get his team to 1-3. He's not the coach who would continue to throw the ball winning 27-3 over the Lions in the 3rd and get beat after bad interceptions with QB's far inferior to Tony Romo. We get it.

You're the common fan. You love to see the ball thrown 50 times, you like going for it on your own 40 on 4th and 5, you always love the backups especially if their name is familiar from college, you buy the Randy Moss jersey even though he's a stopgap, if an offensive play fails it's always a bad play call..... never a player getting beat on his assignment. It doesn't matter to you that Vince Young holding a clipboard in 2011 proves he was never ready to lead a team.

5. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

At least I have chicken marsala right now.

6. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

this is a serious question...what are you going to do IF (notice i said if) cj gets going and we start losing?

im not trying to be a downer but you guys think we will get so much better but i think we will get a little bit better not alot so i like to look at it from both ways

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Hass is tearing it up now but I fear that Britt injury is eventually going to catch up with us.

8. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I'm not concerned about CJ. As long as we keep winning I'm happy. There's absolutely no reason to force feed CJ to get him going if we're winning games with the formula we currently have. If CJ is the decoy that lets Hasselbeck have a HoF year then so be it. I just want to win.

As far as Super Bowl, I'm not sure if we're there yet. Do we have the talent? Possibly, but its all about execution. If our players can make plays when they count (mental toughness) then we've got a good of a shot as anybody. New England's defense is bottom of the league, we've beaten the Ravens, and the Jets and Steeleres don'e look like the threat that they've been in years past. We're in the mix but I'd like to see some more games before I sell out on any predictions.

It's gonna be a fun year

9. GeronimoJackson

Is he the coach that does this after suffering a once in a long time 59-0 spanking?

[​IMG]

Well by your logic, since nobody except you wanted Fisher back, we're all common fans except you and nobody here knows a damn thing about football except you.

Oh, and hate VY all you want, but at least at the end of the day, he still has some supporters, ouch. :grrhee:

P.S - to everyone else, I am not a Fisher hater, he WAS a good coach and I appreciate all the hard work and good memories and I wish him the best in life, but it was time to move on, the game today has changed and is too fast for him.

10. GeronimoJackson

Says the guy who still tells himself Bud Adams drafted VY to get back at Houston lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar