Michael Smith picks Titans for superbowl

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Ten_Titans, Oct 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

In light of all the "The Media hates us" threads

I've got a cold and couldn't sleep, so I was watching Mike and Mike this morning. After commercial break, they went to the "The Numbers never lie" guys to discuss which 3-1 team had the best chance at winning the superbowl.

Michael Smith, who I've never been fond of, picked the Titans.

The thing is though, he wasn't like "Uhh, the Titans I guess, but I really think they all must suck if the Titans are my favorite", like we are used to seeing.

He said we have the best defense in football, and our QB is playing like a top 5 QB in the league.

Then the other guys were like "Yeah, the Titans are great:rolleyes: but we're going with the Ravens."

Then Smith talked BAD to them and said Flacco was a *****. And said the Titans ran the Ravens (my words).

Then one of them said by that logic, The Jags are the best team in the AFC, amd Smith said to **** off. (my words)

It was for sure a nice change of pace.

I wish somebody recorded it, even though I exagerated it was pretty funny to watch.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

If Hasselbeck stays healthy all season and the defense plays like a powerful cohesive unit just like they played the first four games then we will go very deep in the AFC.I can see two team standing there in the end for the AFC championship.The Tennessee Titans and San Diego Chargers.

Baltimore won't make it because Flacco is a choker like Romo.

New England can't play defense so they are out.

Houston will fade down the stretch.

Buffalo are pretenders when its all said and done.

Titans and Chargers most solid all around teams.

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

AFC is wide open and I don't see how you could put us outside the top 5 of our conference. Hope he's right. If Britt were still around, I'd probably agree.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

The Jags are the best team in the AFC???? Seriously? Who said that, they should just stop living.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. RavensShallBurn

Chargers suck, man. I think the Raiders will win that division. If the Chargers were to make it, they'd be one and done. Norv will be one of the coaches fired after this season.

6. RavensShallBurn

No one said that. They said using Smith's logic, the Jags might as well be the best in the AFC.

7. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

None of this would be happening if Fisher were still coach and his invalid washed up QB Collins were still here.Some people say signing Hasselbeck was best move in years here in Tennessee but that could not have happened without first getting rid of Jeff Fisher.Thank goodness we no longer have to put up with his stale conservative approach and watching Collins do his best to keep our defense on the field 45 minutes every game.Fisher never would've brought Hasselbeck here and would've stubbornly kept playing Collins to the bitter end.

• High Five High Five x 10
  8. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

[​IMG]

YAY! GoTitansGo!

9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

He makes good points.

Our defense is playing great. #1 in YPG and #1 in PPG. Current players have stepped up: Witherspoon, Finnegan, Morgan, McCourty, and Jones. New players have added a spark: Ruud, Smith, Klug, Babineaux, and Ayers. Hopefully we keep getting better. Especially since we have some young players who could become playmakers as they gain more XP.

Our QB is flat-out amazing, Hasselbeck is the real deal:
    • 6th in NFL in TD (8)
    • 7th in NFL in CMP% (66.7)
    • 8th in NFL in YDS (1,152)
    • 4th in NFL in RAT (104.7)

Even without Kenny Britt, he's shown he can still play. Washington is playing the best football of his career. Damian Williams, Hawkins, and Cook hopefully will step up next. If Hass keeps playing half this good we're set.

If Chris Johnson can get it going, we'll be a deadly team. We finally have a passing attack to pair with CJ. With Ahmard Hall back, we'll see is QJ was part of the problem. We have the 32nd best (LEAGUES WORST) rushing attack. CJ should be able to get 100ypg easily. If CJ can do what he use to do, we may have the best offense in the league.

What we need for a Super-Bowl:
    -Chris Johnson to play like 2008-2010 Chris Johnson.
    -Matt Hasselbeck to keep playing like an elite QB.
    -No injuries
    -Another target to step up with Washington, my bet is Cook/Williams.
    -Defense needs to stay in the Top-10.
    -Keeping down the penalties.

Wildcard:
    -Development of young guns: Ayers & Klug could become playmakers.

• High Five High Five x 3
  10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Thinking that eventually CJ will be back to CJ gives me a tingly feeling when thinking about how well we've played with him MIA.

Hope that day comes soon.

• High Five High Five x 12
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar