Michael Oher visiting Titans today

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KyTitansFan, Mar 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Brad Hopkins was a top 10 pick and did not start until his second year.

2. Gridiron Gun

Gridiron Gun Starter

And if we draft someone like Mathews or Robinson that can eventually play LT I'm fine with that. But they'll probably be gone and I'm not sure Taylor Lewan is anything other than a RT in the NFL.

A RT isn't worth the number 11 pick. But then again I would have said the same thing about a Guard before last year...

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

No this is still accurate.

4. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I wasn't implying it never happens just that it seems like a misuse of the pick. With guys like Antonio Richardson likely available in the 2nd seems a bit premature to take a guy at 11. I'd rather take an impact LB/pass rusher who will have an impact on the team this year rather than an OT who won't see the field at all until 2015.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I'm just going by the deals this offseason. Austin Howard gets five years and $30 million. Rodger Saffold gets five years $31.5 million.

They won't count $6 million against the cap every year, but that's about the average per year.

6. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

What about doing what we did with Roos. Start him a rookie RT as a way to groom him for an eventual move to LT. Not uncommon with linemen. Jon Ogdon played OG his first year in the NFL.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Howard and saffold were also the two best RTs in free agency. I bet we get oher for about 5 mil a year. Id love it.

8. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I wouldn't have a problem with this at all but if we acquire Oher and then go this route it will feel like we misused a draft pick or cap space. In my eyes if we acquire Oher we shouldn't go OT till the second, if we don't feel free to take one in the first. Either or but not both.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Yeah, like I said, somewhere around 5-6 million. Justing saying the people who were throwing around $3.5 million would have been lowballing the guy.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Oher ultimately sign a 2-year $11.5 million deal wherever he goes.

10. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Yeah definitely not getting oher for 3.5 mil a year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar