Michael Irvin back on the booger sugar

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by JCBRAVE, Apr 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Umm... He called the Kendall Wright pick.

He's playing it safer this year. You can't seriously be shocked if we take Warmack.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. JCBRAVE

We're not taking a freaking Guard at 10

and everyone in that room looked at Mike like he was crazy, Mayock tried talking him out of it.

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

we could draft 20 different players this year and I would not be surprised or upset....

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I wouldn't be surprised, nor should anybody. Guard is very much in play at #10.

6. JCBRAVE

No its not

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

How isn't it? Logically it doesn't make sense... elite guards aren't that much of a difference from good guards. Thus, why take one at #10 with other playmakers on the board. It still wouldn't surprise me though, but who knows.

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

So for the past two months 90% of us (and draft experts) have believed Warmack/Cooper to be very likely picks for us and now all the sudden it's impossible?

Is it the comments from yesterday that have made you so certain we won't take a guard?

I'm not promoting we take a guard. As soon as we signed Levitre I jumped off the guard at #10 bandwagon. But you're setting yourself up for a huge letdown if you're not even considering it a possibility.

Munchak was the 8th pick when he was drafted. Just sayin'.

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I think OG is definitely in play but I don't think it's what we end up taking. If no QBs go top 10 then I could see a scenario where we take Warmack or Cooper at 10. But if even one QB goes top 10 (or another surprise pick happens... WR, TE, S, etc) then I think at least one top defensive prospect will fall to us. And I don't see us passing for a guard in that scenario. There are always one or two surprises in the top 10 anyway. I expect at least one or two surprises this year with all the uncertainty.

1. Luke Joeckel
    2. Eric Fisher
    3. Lane Johnson

^ I think it's very safe to say these three will go off the board before we pick. That would leave:

4. Dion Jordan
    5. Ziggy Ansah
    6. Star Lotlelei
    7. Shariff Floyd
    8. Dee Milliner
    9. Xavier Rhodes
    10. Barkevious Mingo

So worst case scenario only one of the above guys is there. But if Geno goes top 10 (he will) then there's two from that list available when we pick. Nassib or another surprise pick and there's three from that list. Cards could also take Warmack. That would bump yet another player down to us.

I really, really like our position this year. I just hope we don't screw it up by drafting Fluker or some other reach.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. edward nigma

edward nigma Starter

(Chance Warmack) it is done. Irvin nailed it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar