Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Michael Huff collector

Discussion in 'Memorabilia' started by titanbuoy, Feb 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. titanbuoy medium rare ®

Warmack
    Moolah:
    $730
    I'm a pretty avid collector of cardboard, but check out this guy's insane Michael Huff 2006 rookie collection.

Huff

I wonder if he's a Raider fan or Longhorn nut. Regardless you have to be one obsessed mofo to have the patience to hunt down all of those.
  2. LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Moolah:
    $0
    Wow, i wish i had money to go after VY PacMan and White like that
  3. PhiSlammaJamma Yao

C. Johnson
    Moolah:
    $21
    If you love the dude, that is cool, but if not, that's a bad investment. Even Champ Bailey is a nobody in the collecting world. And he's probably going HOF. Maybe only Deion Sanders has any value at the position.
  4. titanbuoy medium rare ®

Warmack
    Moolah:
    $730
    Most people who collect cards these days aren't investors. And specific player set collectors (in this guy's case 2006 Michael Huff) are never investors. The amount of time and expense to complete a set like that would never allow you a good return on your money.

I really don't view people who attempt to collect cards with the sole purpose of turning a profit as sharing the same hobby as me.
  5. LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Moolah:
    $0
    Yea, i like to collect, its a small collection, but it has more value to me more than anything else
  6. PhiSlammaJamma Yao

C. Johnson
    Moolah:
    $21
    I think it's generally known that card collecting is a poor investment regardless. So I don't think anyone collects as an investment anymore. However, I think almost everyone knows the value of their cards. The value is what drives the industry. Even if you are collecting for entertainment purpose you likely have an idea of the value. And the higher it goes, the more fun it is to look at the card., to show it off, to trade it. The thing is, Michael Huff can only go down, not up, and so the entertainment value goes down too.

That sounds clinical, but true. If you show me a Michael Jordan collection as big as that, I go holy crap!!!! If you show me a Michael Huff collection like that in ten years, I go, that's a nice collection. But it's not the same. And even the Huff lover knows that.
  7. titanbuoy medium rare ®

Warmack
    Moolah:
    $730
    I still get excited over my Samari Rolle collection. It's relatively worthless, but it's the only one like it there is. I don't think value really factors that much in how a collector views their own personal collection. It's absolutely will affect how others view it, but I'm sure you'd agree, it's a hurtin unit that collects things to impress others.
  8. Yossarian I am Him.

George
    Moolah:
    $38
    like he's stalking him through trading cards.. wow insane
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.