Michael Griffin

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanup1982, Sep 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

I hear you. But somebody has to move off the 53 man roster to make room for a back up QB. Wilson is just a hammy, but he is really the only scenario that doesn't lose us a player- other than Britt.

2. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Dude, Rusty is the man! stop hatin on Rusty! Yall just wait...Rusty's taking us to the super bowl.

3. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

I think teams should be allowed to have 55 instead of 53...

Teams shouldn't have to make serious roster decisions based on just a couple of injuries. Teams are always struggling with 1 or 2 guys it seems.

Making the roster 55 instead of 53 won't change that much (cap, salaries, etc...), but it will make it much easier for teams to manage through those rough times. They don't even have to be 'active' on gameday just two more inactive roster spots would help teams a lot..

4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Agreed! And it wouldnt affect the cap if you kept the cap as taking into effect the top 53 players on your roster. Better for everyone!

Gut

PS - I'd send down Stafford before Blidi. Then again, would we entertain the possiblity of trading Britt and/or Wimbley?

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

If it comes down to cutting Preston, move Britt or cut him.

Its obvious he is gone, get what you can and see if Preston can take advantage of it.

6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

there was one white kid with longish hair that I had never heard of, that was playing special teams against the chargers... why not get rid of him for a few weeks. nobody else would sign him.

EDIT: Nevermind.. looks like he is our longsnapper. The invisible man on every team until they flub a snap. I'm used to longsnappers being a little fatter than he is.

7. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

good to see him hit hard again! He is more aggressive this year then I have ever seen him in the past few years.

9. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Titans safety Michael Griffin said Wednesday that the NFL fined him $21,000 for a helmet-to-helmet hit against a defenseless receiver.

Griffin went for a high hit against New York Jets receiver Stephen Hill last Sunday, just after Alterraun Verner had intercepted a pass intended for Hill.

Griffin said he didn’t hit Hill’s helmet or neck, but instead hit Hill in the shoulder. It’s the fourth fine in two seasons for Griffin, who was fined twice for helmet-to-helmet hits last year and once for a horse-collar tackle.

“I just feel like at the end of the day it’s hard for me to say I got fined,” Griffin said. “Basically it’s fining me for something that (in a replayed picture) didn’t happen.”

Griffin said he planned to appeal the fine.

The veteran safety was frustrated because two games ago, he took some criticism for failing to make a high hit on a San Diego tight end. Griffin went low and allowed a big completion over the middle.

“(Two games ago) I go low and somebody makes a catch over the middle,” Griffin said. “This week I go high … This is the consequences you get for going high.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: League News, Team News

Source: Titans Insider

10. nytitaner

nytitaner Starter

im starting to like Griffin again, I'm no expert but I just don't see any fire or standout traits in Sensabaugh. We definitely need another impact corner and we DEFINITELY NEED to extend Verner! Griffin gets complacent easily but when Pollard's calling him Michelle he gets more enthusiastic and starts to look a little like the safety from UT that we drafted first round. Griffin is frustrating because he seems that he constantly needs outside motivation when it should always come from within. O yeah extend Pollard as well even if he cant cover.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar