Michael Brockers

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by titantrusince82, Apr 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

If he's available at #20 we gotta pick 'em up. He's got a TON of potential and could easily turn into one of the top DTs in the NFL. He's got size, athleticism, and hasn't even scratched his potential. If you pair Brockers and Casey in the middle, they should dominate for years.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I don't follow College Ball, I just piece together my knowledge and opinions based on different things I read and my football intelligence as a whole lol.

I see people comparing Brockers & Poe, and I understand why as both are viewed as "raw", but didn't Poe not do much in games whereas Brockers did?

3. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Bockers is a one year wonder who has close to no pass rushing moves. He has sky high potential but needs a lot of coaching in order to become a force at the next level.

4. Architect

Architect Pain Train

Where is this freakish athleticism people are talking about. Yes I know he is a D1 athlete, but he doesn't have a uncharacteristically high amount of athleticism compared to the other guys in the draft.

Compared to the other DTs in the 2012 draft. Compared to other DTs in the draft he is actually not even close to the some of the other guys considered "top" DTs
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft/combine/_/id/32
    40 time: 20th
    3 Cone: 11th
    Shuttle: 18th
    Vertical: 18th
    Broad Jump: 13th
    Bench Press: 24th AT ONLY 19 REPS

A guy with numbers like this usually goes in the mid to late rounds in the draft. Usually when you bring up guys with high ceilings they are guys that have a huge amount of untapped athleticism that hasn't shown up on the field/flashes, and they need to work on their technique and football IQ. Only thing this guy really has going for him is his size.. this guy is HUGE

5. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

A lot of times, I'll hear about guys who are physical freaks, but it really doesn't show on the field. Brockers seems to be the opposite. When I watched LSU, he seemed to make great plays. He'd do things like block kicks, or still make the tackle even though he was getting double teamed and bullied. You don't see a lot of DL's that get put on their back and still make the tackle from the ground.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

When I saw his combine numbers I was surprised. You watch the guy and swear he's running a 4.7 on plays, but I guess not. I don't care about workout numbers when a guy has tape that says he's a monster.

And speed/strength is something he can work on, having his mind-set/motor isn't coachable, so those are the guys you want.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Being a one year wonder is not a problem when you play at LSU vs some of the top teams in the country.

And his pass rush moves are spins, and being being 6'5" 322lbs. Try stopping that.

8. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Like JC mentioned, he has a motor and the size and physical ability to be amazing. Technique and strength is something that can be developed. If you believe in your coaches' ability to develop a player, you have to take this guy.

9. titanbaknedkly

titanbaknedkly Starter

I like Brockers at 20. You can't teach attributes but you can teach technique and conditioning. The guy is 6-5 and 322lbs with 35" arms. With a league trending to the pass he can come in and immediately stop the run and push the pocket but can also get those yard sticks up in the air to deflect passes or block the passing lanes. Would love to get him and Chandler for DE in the second somehow as he is 6-5 with 35.5" arms. That would give the height and size that the line has been lacking with pass rush capability with long arms to wave and deflect passes. I didn't see too many deflections at the line of scrimmage last season.

10. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I have a feeling the Eagles take Brockers at 15.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar