Michael Brockers

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by titantrusince82, Apr 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

Brockers is 6-5 322, with a high ceiling. All he needs to do is work on pass rush moves. He had 10 tackles for loss last year while being double team on the line a lot. How can you say not proven when he played balls to the wall against Bama twice. In the national championship game, he had 7 tackles and a blocked kick.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. gran54

gran54 Starter

Not a Brockers fan at all, or Poe either.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Heres what would lead me to think we might draft Brockers: hybrid Defense.

Brockers is a decent run stopper in the middle, but his size is suited to play 5 tech in a 34.

Morgan/Casey/brockers
    Ayers/McCarthy/Witherspoon/wimbley

That look right there goes 43 by shifting the dine left and wimbley moving to DE.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Best word that describes Michael Brockers is; disruptive.

He's making a difference every snap. And is always on the move.

I'd love if we got him.

• High Five High Five x 4
  5. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

We attempted to get bigger last year with Smith and Jones. So far this year we brought in Wimbley who is 255 like you said, I would love to get another big defensive tackle to take the double teams and get some quick pass rushers to get to the qb with Morgan being the anchor.

6. JerseyTitan

JerseyTitan Rookie

this gets me pumped up. Hybrid Defense would be awesome

7. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Yup and wimbley rushing off brockers side would be pretty awesome.

We are primarily a zone defense anyways so doing 34 zone blitzes is really just another extension of what we already do. Brockers has played all over the line, so it would make sense to use him as that dual position player that a hybrid d hinges on.

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I don't understand the hate around Brockers. He wouldn't be my favorite pick but I would have no problems with him.

9. satkins2252

satkins2252 Starter

Exactly. While Brockers may not be the worst thing that could happen in the first round I think the Titans can do better @ 20. However, I do rank him as a late first round talent. I just believe there will be more value somewhere else.

10. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

If he can add more strength and develop as a pass rusher the kid has a high ceiling.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar