Michael Bay and the TMNT

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Scarecrow, Mar 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I hate to be the bearer of bad news for those who do not know, but Michael Bay has gotten a hold of the TMNT franchise.

This genius has decided to make them aliens instead of mutants.......fair enough. Why would an alien race practice ninjutsu? I mean, I see soooooo many plot holes in this already it is not even funny. $100 says we get to see a scene that implies more turtles coming to Earth in some cheap "touchy feely moment".

Needless to say I am pissed. I was a HUGE TMNT fan growing up and still am to this day. May not touch as many hearts here as it has mine though.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/03/22/michael-bay-teenage-mutant-ninja-alien-turtles-peter-laird/

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...mes-article-1.1048462?localLinksEnabled=false

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Yeah I actually read something about this yesterday, I'm pretty pissed too.

3. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Could it be worse than the 3 stooges movie coming out?

idk.

4. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Not much more far fetched than turtles getting into ooze that turned them into english speaking crime fighting ninjas. But still.. This looks awful.

It's one of those things that was better left in the early 1990s. Even the movies were stupid and changed things in the 90s movies. The foot clan as guys in costumes? They were supposed to be robots, right? It'll be as silly and far fetched as a bunch of humanoid crime fighting turtles in a live action movie sounds like it should be.

5. The Playmaker

It's not about how realistic they can make it's about these guys screwing up something a lot of us enjoyed growing up.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Hollywood's been good at doing that for the past few decades! Remember the Mario bros movie?

I just won't go see the movies made for nostalgic purposes. They always fail to impress. Like Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Starsky and Hutch, Terminator 3 and beyond,all the kids movies, and the countless others people have failed at recreating. It only ruins your childhood memories if you choose to go watch it, right?;)

The only one that I think was done well was Rocky Balboa. They did it the right way.

7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

It is pretty far fetched I admit, but not much more than any super hero gimic. In the comic books, I believe the foot clan were humans, but do to it becoming a cartoon, they toned it down to get it on air.

I think they did pretty well with the films in the 90s. I mean yea, far fetched, but you have to take it for what it is. It is obviously catered to a certain group of people, so that is why people are blowing up about it.

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Why does Michael Bay get to keep on making movies?

9. The Playmaker

Never saw it...think I missed that by a couple of years.

10. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Because there is no justice in this world.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar