Michael Bay accusation

Discussion in 'Gear' started by Gunny, Dec 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sappersis

Sappersis "custom user title here"

Gunny, you want to know the first thing they taught me at college... my very first directing class the exact works of the doc were:

"YOU CAN GIFT WRAP **** BUT THAT DOESNT MAKE IT A GOOD PRESENT."

As far as Bay goes, and Armageddon...

He is good at 1 thing and that is selling his movies to the right audience. I went gaga over that movie when it came out. Why??? because i was a young teenybopper... All my friends wanted to go see Ben Affleck get the girl. Personally I wanted to see Steve Buscemi (I've had an obsession with him ever since i watched Pulp Fiction) ride a nuke. But as a teenage girl I was willing to overlook any imposibilities. I was too overloaded by the cast/dialog/and camera work to care what laws of physics they were breaking.

Pearl Harbor works along the same lines. With the proper marketing EVERY girl that could take her boyfriend to the movies that weekend did so. Not only did you get Affleck but now add (gag me) Josh Hartnett in there and none of the girls cared it was a "war" movie. He overloaded your stimulation again and the teenagers leaving the theatres wished they had lived through Pearl Harbor so they could find the love of thier life.

Now both are considered huge hits. People can complain about him and those films all they want.... won't change the fact that he made it work for a LARGE number of people.

2. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

First thing I learned in college was to make sure to keep your beer cup upside down when walking on the street. This helps to avoid harasment by cops for MIP or an open container.

I am sure Nabisco enjoyed the movie as well. :))

3. Sappersis

you mean the cops at your college cared if you were drinking? too bad, that could have made the parties more interesting.

4. Blazing Arrow

I went to UC Santa Barbara ... the cops did not care if you were drinking unless you were on a bike. They just did not want you walking with a cup of beer from house party to house party.

Basically if you live on Sabido or Del Plyia(sp?) [everyone just called it DP] Thursday night through Sunday night you put a keg in your front yard and who ever walked up got beer. If you live in the corner houses you had a band or a DJ.

Imagine ~ 10,000 college students boozing it up in a 1/2 mile strip. I am not sure the parties could have gotten more interesting to be honest.

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

that's not very entertaining .. now what ?

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Your opinion, which you are entitled too. Others differ.

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

are you saying you like Armegeddon ?

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I didn't mind it and I took it for what it was worth.

9. Sappersis

Lets see...

Pudding wrestling, fuzzy armidillos, and dirty patties. We weren't listed by playboy as the number 1 party school all those years for nothing :)

10. Blazing Arrow

Ball State? :suspect:

Check the listing UCSB is always in the top 3. Only reason they are not always #1 is the students are too hung over to vote :))

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar