Michael Bay accusation

Discussion in 'Gear' started by Gunny, Dec 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

I figured I would throw you a bone :))

Other then the blatant inaccuracies in it and saucy love story ... I guess you are correct.

2. Sappersis

Sappersis "custom user title here"

Well I am a female. I live for saucy sappy luv stories... add to the fact that i believe i was in high school when it came out. That being said i bought the dvd and i don't think i have even opened it. hahaha. What would be the point when i have the boondock boys and 300 1/2 naked men to keep me company :)

3. Blazing Arrow

now that's a crowded elevator ....

4. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Ugh...must...weigh...in!

For the most part, I can't stand Michael Bay. I detest and loath 2/3 of the Simpson/Bruckheimer/Bay tree and all the rotten fruit that falls off of it. Having said that, Transformers is as close to redemption as Bay can possibly come. I watched the cartoon religiously. The movie is impressive, and as a film, doesn't have to be great to be a great experience.

They make such hokey movies. They almost try to make films like comic books, but just not as well done.

Next to Transformers, The Rock is Bay's best, most enjoyable movie. Maybe part of it is that I can like Nicholas Cage about 90% in that movie (I reside at approximately 60% enjoyment of his talents most of the time), and that is probably because he knows his role next to Sean Connery, and therefore must bow down.

Most of those guys' movies (Bruckheimer, et al) are solid 3 out of 5 flicks that try to trick stupid people into thinking they're good because they're so over the top from a production standpoint. I can readily admit that there is something I like about almost all of these movies, Bay's included, but invariably, they do something to eff it up. It is always a good thing when movie makers can tap in to that special movie groove, but to me, these guys almost always miss it. They instead try to bend you to what they think it should be or where they think it is. I know that's a vague attack, but it goes back to tricking you into thinking they're total quality and genius.

I especially don't enjoy seeing directors rise to ridiculous levels of Hollywood power off a string of 2.5-3 out of 5-star movies.

Michael Bay = Hokey Schlock.

Hokey I can take, sometimes, but never schlock.

And please don't let me get started on Pearl Harbor.

5. Blazing Arrow

During one of the Japanese’s surveillance shots you can actually see the Arizona memorial .... ummmm

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

:ha:

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

---As well as Transformers, Bay is also famed for his direction of Pearl Harbor and Armageddon.---
    Customer's who viewed these items also viewed :
    Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    Starship Troopers
    Elektra

8. Blazing Arrow

Armageddon ... WORST MOVIE EVER .... seriously not that bad but when you have taken physics and you see a machine gun work in space ... come on!

Firing pin strikes bullet ... EGNITES GUN Powder ... w/ no oxygen ... are you serious? And why would you need a machine gun on a lunar rover anyways? :rolleyes:

Or the two shuttles launching side by side ... or the fire in a vacuum
    ... :suspect:

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

there was so much wrong with that movie I'm not even sure where to start
    but I think I can sum it up in 2 words
    Ben Affleck

if it weren't for Steve Buscemi that thing would have been completely unentertaining ... at least I got a kick out of him ridin' the rocket

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Some of you really take things to seriously.

It's a movie made for entertainment purposes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar