MGMT vs My Morning Jacket vs Rise Against CLOSED

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CRUDS, Mar 10, 2016.

?
  1. MGMT

46.7%
  2. My Morning Jacket

26.7%
  3. Rise Aagainst

26.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

RUNOFF: MGMT vs My Morning Jacket vs Rise Against

2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Either don't know all these bands, or I think they suck. MGMT gets vote for originality, even though I don't really like their music very much.

3. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Hey! Creativity is actually leading this morning!...

4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Tough choice for me between MGMT and MMJ. I went MMJ though as I think they are the more talented bad.

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

MGMT seems to me to be a less talented and less funny Ween.
    Their "creativity" has all the earmarks of existing entirely inside the Pro Tools interface which is not the same as being a creative band.
    But up against two godawful radio choads I have to cast my vote their way..

6. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

When did MMJ become popular on radio? I will admit I haven't listened to radio in years, but I'd be surprised if they got much play.

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

On Tuesday.
    It was Tuesday.

• LOL LOL x 1
  8. titanthakur

titanthakur Pro Bowler

Thought it was rage against not rise against lol oops if they win by one vote you can blame me

9. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

This is another place where I diverge from the general music populace: I see a computer with production software as an instrument in and of itself. Just like the proverbial typewriting monkey won't accidentally create Skakespeare, a talentless hack won't pull art out of ProTools. This would be like Segovia saying Hendrix is dog squeeze because his guitar was electric.
    As I have alluded to before, there is a HUGE difference between being skilled at an instrument and being a recording artist. Tbere are WAAAAY more of the former than the latter.

10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I agree about it being an instrument but my personal experience is that it's far easier to one person to layer tracks and produce something that completely fools everyone into thinking they are a tenured musician than to apply the same to live music and come up with something similarly impressive.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar