Mettenberger vs Falcons

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ScotTitan, Oct 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

Can we discuss the Mettenburger without having a civil war about it?

It looks like Mettenburger will get his first start of the year on Sunday against Falcons. Although it wouldn't be crazy to think Whiz will try to wheel out a broken Mariota on Sunday.
    I couldn't believe what I was watching on Sunday when Mariota was left in there to die. How bad a coaching job can one man do? In game decision making is just embarrassing.

The way this Message Board has gone recently, I fell I must declare my allegiance. I wanted to keep Mettenberger at QB and take Amari Cooper. When we took Mariota I jumped on board, bought the shirt. Wore it every Sunday at a local bar, etc. The last two weeks have been rough on Mariota, he has been bad. Not all his fault but the lack of pocket awareness and ability to escape pressure has been poor.

So we turn to the hungry Mett. He had an outstanding preseason, and has been chomping at the bit to get out there. I am excited to see what he has against a poor Falcons secondary.
    I want to see Hunter and DGB split out wide and Wright in the slot. Douglas can ride the Pine. Plenty of two TE sets, with Andrews in there for blocking.
    More Sankey.
    Meredith in for Poutasi.

It would be so Titans if we beat the Falcons on Sunday with Mettenburger.
    QB controversy?? I just wanna win a game. I am a Titans fan that is sick of losing, I don't really care about personnel at this stage.

Anyone else think Mett will light it up on Sunday?

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

There will be no controversy, no matter how good Mett does, he's simply raising his trade value for us, hopefully.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 5
    • High Five High Five x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I don't think there is a QB controversy at all, whether he destroys it or not vs the Falcons. Personally, not to be a downer, I think we lose either way. Falcons got blasted and will be seeking revenge. Mariota is our starter and he MIGHT be out 1 game. I am behind both of our QB's, and I just hope we get a damn win regardless of who is behind center.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. JRayStay

JRayStay Starter

With this O-Line we'd all better hope the 'lighting up' doesn't involve the ones on the top of the ambulance.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Mariota has a grade-2 MCL sprain, he can play if he wants to.

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

Do you think he will?

7. Prideful

Prideful Starter

Even if Mariota cant go on Sunday and Mettenburger starts, lights it up and wins the game, Mariota will still be the starter no matter what. (unless injury)

8. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

i'd rather he didn't, OLine is garbage and this season is a wash, no need in going all RG3

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

That's usually a 3-4 week recovery they said on the radio and ESPN, but I'm no doctor.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. titanfanatic

titanfanatic I Piss Excellence Staff

Just patiently waiting for the trolls to come infect this thread with their expert analysis. :popcorn:

• High Five High Five x 4
    • LOL LOL x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar