Mettenberger Time?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Oct 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Say what you want about Mettenberger, I know I sure have, but I think it’s about that time where we turn the keys over to the rookie QB. Jake Locker clearly can’t survive a month of football without some sort of setback. Charlie Whitehurst may have been named one of Nashville's most beautiful people, but his quarterbacking ability or lack thereof looks awful. Which leaves us with the sixth rounder, Zach Mettenberger.

There really is nothing to lose inserting the QB at this point. Sitting with a 1-4 record most fans are heading towards the edge and quick. LP Field even sounds like another cities stadium, each week there seems to be an invasion of visiting fans. We have no home field advantage anymore. I don’t blame Titan fans for this, but the team. Right now we’re playing uninspired football, which leads to uninspired fans. Up down tied at the half, it doesn’t matter, this Titans team continues to find new ways to disappoint both themselves and the fans.

By going with Mett we will get to see where we really stand heading forwards, do we need a QB or is Mett capable of becoming that guy…. We all know he lead the NFL in passing this preseason, there is some level of comfort in Mett’s game, we need to hone in on that and hope it brings us new found life. Because to be honest with you, I’m finding it increasingly harder and harder to find reasons to want to tune in each Sunday, and that’s really saying something. I usually watch and rewatch all of our games, but not this week. I was disgusted with what I saw yesterday.

Bring in the rookie!

#1 JCBRAVE, Oct 6, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
    • High Five High Five x 5
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Finally you realize that our home field advantage sucks. It's other teams "home away from home".

Oh and I told you so that not having CJ would affect this offense more than you thought.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 6
    • High Five High Five x 2
    • Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
  3. JCBRAVE

CJ? GTFO

• High Five High Five x 4
  4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

might as well

the only picks this guy nose are these

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  5. JCBRAVE

Also, its not only our stadium being taken over by opposing fans, Dallas had to use a silent count last night at HOME vs Houston. @TitansWillWin2

6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

JCB, yer a smart guy. Show me, with numbers, as to why Whitehurst is not suitable as a replacement QB for the time being?

As I mentioned earlier, better QB rating this week than Manning, Brees, Brady, Kaep, Wilson, and many others.

What's a QB to do when the coaching staff simply won't run the ball with the lead? then go for it on 4th down in their own territory?

The running game is horrible. Locker, Fitzgerald, Whitehurst, Mettenberger can do nothing about that. IIRC, Wright was THE leading rusher yesterday for the Titans. and he had TWO carries.

#6 nickmsmith, Oct 6, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
  7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

LOL

• Boring Boring x 1
  8. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

I'm ready. Let's see the kid sling that ball around. Jake Locker's just too damn fragile. CBJ may be the better option as far as winning the next game, but are we making the playoffs this year?

9. JCBRAVE

Im with you, I like running the ball, IDK why Whiz is so stuborn, not like the RB's have failed us before.

But if youre looking for a number as to why Whitehurst can't be the next man up, just turn to his carrer QB rating. Guy's average at best.

But maybe with Mett we can tap into somthing special. We're desparet man.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I agree with all that.. but this season's QB rating is relevant, not 2008's and the few passes he's had prior to that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar