Mettenberger or Whitehurst as our #2 QB

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Aug 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

Guys guys guys I'm happy with mett too. And i was way against draftin him. But yall actin like he behind a chad henne or sumthin. JAKES OUR GUY. trade mett to fisher for next years 1st

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Whitehurst looked really good in that first game...... but, it's preseason. I doubt he's magically going to turn a corner in his 9th year in the league. I think what we will see IF Locker goes down is Whitehurst stink it up for a couple of games then Mettenberger takes over.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

No way would anyone give a first.

Plus, I want to keep Mett.

4. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

It was a joke-ish cuz fish needs a qb and mett is like fishers dream qb

5. Rudad

Rudad Starter

I wouldn't trade him. Our luck with drafting 1st round QB as is most other teams is not good. Jury still out on Locker.

6. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

I would tell Fish Face or anyone else to go pound sand, even if they offered a 1st for Mett.

He is our guy

7. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Here is what I think ... Locker - Whitehurst - Mett

Because if locker goes down in the middle of a game, then I think CW would be better going in 'cold' and still giving us a chance to win the game. As impressed as I am with Mett, it's very hard for a rookie to step into a game in that situation. Especially if he's not getting the reps that a starter would.

If locker is going to miss any significant time, then turn to Mett after letting him get some practice reps with the starters

8. Rudad

Rudad Starter

Be valuable experience to start Mett with the starters for last preseason game. Just to see how it went .

9. Rudad

Rudad Starter

Or start CW see how he does. If he struggles, might rethink the number 2 guy.

10. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Personally I think Mett is light years better than CBJ, and he should clearly be the #2. But let's not forget, Mett is like, what, 8 months removed from ACL surgery, not to mention he has/had some sort of back issue as well. I think Mett should be the #3, at least for now, just because I think he could use some rest to heal his body.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar