Mettenberger or Whitehurst as our #2 QB

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Aug 24, 2014.

1. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Starter Tip Jar Donor

LOL...Sorry...need to change discussion tactics here....

Oh yeah???? Well I am rubber and you are glue.....
    • High Five High Five x 1
  2. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Starter Tip Jar Donor

I agree...the guy has a scary strong/accurate arm. The game still needs to slow down for him though, which at his age is absolutely normal. That said, I like the idea of keeping him at #3 for now, where he does not necessarily have to be ready to enter a game at the drop of a hat (which, given Locker's history, is not out of the realm of possibility to say the least). Wherever he winds up I see him getting a start sometime this season if we fall out of contention or if Locker goes down again.
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

Jake has taken over a dozen good NFL hits so far this preseason, he's popping right up as he should and will continue to.
  4. Titan43

Titan43 Pro Bowler

It only takes 1
  5. Titan43

Titan43 Pro Bowler

What you are saying is true about him not having faced any real defensive looks, but just comparing him this preseason some of his previous preseasons, he looks much better. There were some preseasons were we litterally could not move the ball with him. That doesn't seem to be much of a problem now.

And the beginning of last year Jake was looking pretty good before the injury. That was against real Defenses. I have no issue with Locker's skill. I think he could be a very good QB. The only thing I worry about is his health
  6. JCBRAVE

if only you didn't bring up his health youd have a high-five right now
  7. Titan43

Titan43 Pro Bowler

I really don't see the issue with bringing up his health ... it is a real concern. Sweeping it under the rug and ignoring it doesn't change anything.

The fact is, Jake has not put together a full 16 game season for us, and no QB is worth much if he can't do that.

I have faith that Locker can turn it around ... but I am still concerned
  8. Titan43

Titan43 Pro Bowler

Its ok. I don't need your H5. I will create an account called JCBRAVES, then go around H5ing all of my posts
  9. JCBRAVE

I hope youre not that lonely
  10. Titan43

Titan43 Pro Bowler

yeah and I will copy your avatar as well, and start a thread about how concerned you are with Locker's injuries haha