Mettenberger...high praise from Cameron

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, May 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

That would help with injury too

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

It's always nice to hear some praise like that. This begins and ends there. Let's see it

3. xhrr

xhrr Starter

I mean I'll eat my words if Jake blows up but if he doesn't yeah I kind of hope we do suck if it means getting a high draft choice and our pick of the available QB's. Having to trade up for a guy like the Redskins is suicide. Even if you get your guy it sets the whole team back and effects the supporting cast.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

They are? Obviously?

Why so obvious?

Coach speak is coach speak.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Kinda like a college OC giving "High praise" to a former player of his just drafted

• High Five High Five x 5
  6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

They are obviously behind JL this year.

They brought in no competition. They would have drafted mettenberger in the 6th, regardless of who the incumbent is.

Coach speak is coach speak. Bringing in a QB who hasn't taken a snap since 2011, and a 6th round pick is not coach speak. It is solid proof that they're giving locker every chance to succeed with minimal pressure. A 1st-3rd rounder may have made him sweat. This is not bringing in competition. This is a bunch of people trying to cling to a 2nd-3rd string job.

Locker only needs to worry about himself this year. If he gets bested by charlie whitehurst, then he ought to hang up his cleats.

I guess it could be worse. Could have the Texans' whole situation.

• High Five High Five x 4
  7. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Just because he is not an OC in the NFL anymore does not take away what he accomplished as an OC in the NFL. In 8 of his 10 years his offense was top 11 in points scored with 6 of those yrs being top 6.

His departure from the Ravens was very unusual to say the least and the Ravens offense suffered in 2013 after he was gone dropping to 25th in scoring.

He goes to LSU and the LSU offense improves from 72nd in the country in total offense to 32nd.

To act like he hasn't been a very good OC throughout his career is ignoring the facts.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. nytitaner

nytitaner Starter

exactly, thats why i mentioned the stretching. i feel like he's too wound up physically and mentally, hope he becomes more fluid.

9. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

The fact that they were willing to draft Carr in the second tells me they're only behind Locker cause they have no choice. Carr was gonna be brought in specifically to compete with Jake for the starting job. You don't do that if your current QB is "the guy".

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Why do you think we wanted Carr?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar