Mett vs Locker

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Thaddeus43, Oct 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

So I think at this point most everyone is excited about Mett being named the starter. But I know early this week, and still some now, there has been a lot of talk about "well he is just a 6th round pick" and "remember what happened last time we started a 6th round pick against the Texans" and other comments of the like.

We have also heard a lot of people say "Well Mett had 2nd - 3rd round talent"

Well, as we all know, Jake was a 1st round pick. So I wanted to take a look at their college careers to see how they compare (1st rd vs 6th rd).

*I am just comparing the jr and sr years for both of them

Jake:

Jr year - 58.4% completion, 2800 yards, 7.1 yards/att, 21 TD, 11 ints
    Record: 5-7

Sr year - 55.4% completion, 2265 yards, 6.8 yards/att, 17 TD, 9 ints
    Record: 7-5

Zach

Jr year - 58.8% completions, 2609 yards, 7.4 yards/att, 12 TD, 7 ints
    Record: 10-3

Sr year - 64.9% completions, 3082 yards, 10.4 yards/att, 22 TD, 8 ints
    Record: 8-3

Regardless of where these 2 players were actually drafted, based on their college careers, which would you draft 1st?

From the stats, it would be hands down Mett. He was much more accurate (his worst comp % was better than Jake's best lol), and makes more big plays (yards and yards/att is better). He also led his team to more wins.

So I really don't see there to be much of an argument made about Zach being a 6th round pick ... he was a better college QB than our 1st round pick.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Mett - 6th round rock star
    Locker - 1st round bust

/thread

• High Five High Five x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  3. tnfan47

tnfan47 Let's Get It

Mett played against better defensive talent than Locker in college.

SEC > Pac-12

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Zach had two WRs that were drafted in the 1st and 2nd rounds as well as Jeremy Hill. Lets not brush over these details.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Mett is a gamer, Locker is an athlete, give me the guy who understands the game better

#5 JCBRAVE, Oct 24, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
  6. Wolverine

Wolverine Starter

and shaky o-line play of LSU isn't a factor?

7. Rudad

Rudad Starter

Very true Mett had pro like WR's to throw too. That did help. Therefore he should be more ready to throw to pro WR's. This is an evaluation . Got to be better than what we have seen last 5-6 weeks .

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I'd say it was on par with what was at Washington.

9. Oilers27

Oilers27 Starter

It seems Locker has the better wheels, but Mett is a better passer. The field and time will let us know.....

Just feel bad Mett had no tutor on the team to learn from......Locker and Charlie were his big brothers. I hope he didn't pick up any tendancies from these two....

10. Wolverine

Wolverine Starter

I thought Quarterbacks make there team better, not the other way around?

By logic in this thread Wright 1st round + Hunter 2nd round + Sankey 2nd round= QB success (which clearly didn't happen which is why Mett is now starting)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar