Mett 's projected trade value?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by From-the-stands, Mar 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. From-the-stands

From-the-stands Starter

If we end up taking a QB with #2 I could still see Mett starting for most of the year while we groomed the rookie. Assuming Mett played well, we might get a low 1st rounder for him next year. Anyway, I'd like to imitate the way good franchises operate for a change.

• Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 3
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • WTF?! WTF?! x 1
  2. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

We wont get a piece of cheese for him.

Best case scenario is a 5th. Still highly unlikely.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

4. From-the-stands

From-the-stands Starter

I hear you alz, but if Mett plays at the level he did as a rookie, over 16 games he would pass for around 3500 yards and throw 21 td's. He would also throw nearly 20 int's. But, if he took any kind of significant step forward, reduced int's and got his completion percentage up over 65% - he would be sniffing top 15 in the league in yards, completions, and TD's. And that would put a lot of value on him. It's not that big of a leap.

5. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Unlike most here, I believe Mett will be a good QB. He may not become elite (top 5), but he has the arm to make NFL throws. Im so far in the anti Mariota camp, that I'm roasting marshmellows on the fire in that camp.

I like Mett a lot. Give him a line, somewhat of a running game, and a real weapon at WR, he can take us to the playoffs.

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Cheers Cheers x 2
  6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

jesus christ

low first rounder?

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. From-the-stands

From-the-stands Starter

If what I spelled out in my second post comes to pass you would still be dubious?

8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Yes, yes I ****ing would.

If that happened, and we had what we thought might be a franchise QB, and we traded him. This franchise DESERVES to be ridden into the ground.

Stupid thread.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
    • Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Mett as is is about as good as a 3rd rounder today, but to me he's still better than 95%of this drafts QBs

10. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Saying Mett could do something to vault his value to a 1st-round pick is incredibly stupid.

Saying the Titans would then trade him for a rookie who sat on the bench all year is incredibly stupid.

• High Five High Five x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar