Mett is starter material

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 520, Aug 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Mett looks serviceable but his inability to consistently move the chains is a major issue as a starter.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Even on the sideline there's a pick
    [​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 4
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

Winning games doesnt mean much .especially for a young qb. I'm sure many teams saw skills that they think will win them games. No one is saying he's a guaranteed top 10 or even 15 qb..but many can see traits that can get him there.

Most people are saying they'd only trade him for a second, knowing theres a .09% chance of it being offered. Basically pricing him out of his market.

But tj, sorry to say, if mett was put on the block today, not only would there be a market, but a bidding war is pretty likely. Obviously not a super high priced bidding war.. But there would be multiple offers.

• LOL LOL x 1
  4. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

He Def. Has areas of improvement.. He's a young kid.

No one calls him a current top 10 qb..but at gotitans saying hes a good young qb= you saying he's the best qb in the NFL today

5. rekirts

rekirts Starter

So has Mariota /s

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. Bri

Bri Camp Fodder

It would be sizable.
    He makes 500k, Brady and half the other QB make zillions. Getting him frees up a boatload of money which could mean a top player or two being re-signed or walking.
    I doubt it happens, even as the Jets could offer a CB and a G which they sorely need.
    Mett's probably going to play some this year. Most starting QBs get hurt eventually and let's face it that line doesn't make ya feel warm N fuzzy about Mariota staying healthy.
    I would guess next season he's on a new team. They're all in on Mariota. He'd have to really bomb for Mett to get a shot. It has little to do with Mett and more about Mariota. I don't foresee Mariota being Ryan Leaf so I expect him to start for the Titans in 2016.

7. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

It does not matter. It has been foretold by the football gods that Mettsiah will be a great starter one day. Even though he has never played well, outside of preseason against practice squad players, and even though he cannot read a defense he will be a star. How can you not see this?????????????

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. 8MM

8MM Special Teams Standout

Unless some team is willing to offer a starting OT, not worth it.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
  9. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

So lets adjust your faulty logic of look at the good and ignore the bad.

Sure he could throw for 3000-4000yds and 20 TD's, but his completion % was also BELOW 60% and if we are projecting 20 TD,s then he probably has 22 turnovers.

The lower completion % hurts 3rd down conversion (we were terrible last year at this) and having more turnovers than TD's LOSES YOU GAMES!!!

Now, I don't think he 'sucks' against 1's, but he definitely can smack down 2's and 3's...especially with the WR's he had at his disposal.

10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Actually, it was proven somewhat accurate to YOU but you choose to ginore it over and over and over.

If you compare his QB rating for each game to his QBR rating for each game, you will see where his QB rating was boosted in garbage time. Or you could go lookup the post where I proved this to you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar