Mett gives me hope

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by XanderMXIX, Nov 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XO

XO Nevada Native

2. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well, there is little point to this thread. First off, Locker DID try to change protections and frequently we had a breakdown either in the OL, RB, TE or from the OL stinking up the joint. Plenty of things to ding Locker on, that's not one of them.

Second, if the purpose of this thread is for me to read a guy quote Mett's old college coach...I didn't need to read it to know what it was going to say. Can you say puff piece?

Analyzing Mett's QB rating is a bit overdramatic considering where he is in his career. I'm more interested in what I see. For example, he did much better yesterday though I'm sure his qb rating was lower due to the pick...which wasn't his fault. So you can't just go by numbers...especially in limited #'s!

Funny now that Cleveland may start the rookie at QB. We'll see!

3. MaxFischer

MaxFischer Rookie

If Mett gives you hope... then your hope is misplaced. He hasn't been that good. Go ahead and compare him to Bortles and Carr, but they're not that good either (and they weren't consensus top QBs in the last draft).

Mett is Kerry Collins. He'll give you 16/16, or maybe 20/15 if you're lucky. He's not the future.

A short game by game analysis. Not all the blame lies on Mett, but let's not kid ourselves and think that he's having a good rookie year:

1. 10/26 v. Houston: First half was terrible. A FG followed by 4 punts and an interception (3 of those drives were a 3 and out). The second half was a little better, but by that time Houston's defense was soft because they were protecting a 27-3 lead. Mett's 2 TDs came in that 2nd half, with one coming with 2:59 left in the 4th. Garbage time production.
    2. 11/9 @ Baltimore: 1st Quarter TD followed by no points and a garbage time INT. Seven 3-and-outs.
    3. 11/17 v. Pitt: Maybe his best game... and he threw a pick 6.
    4. 11/23 @ Eagles: Four 3-and-outs to open the game. Terrible pass to Hunter gets a lucky bounce and turns into a TD. Again a 4th quarter TD added to the stats when they're down big.
    5. 11/30 @ Houston: First possession INT. No scoring drives in the first half, leaving Titans down 0-24.

• Boring Boring x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

I'd take Mett as a statue over Locker as a chicken with his head cut off any day

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

it made me sick to see our offensive line leave our boy mett helpless....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar