Mett At Top Of Another Best Backup QB Ranking

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Jul 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

What teams WR lead the nfl in most uncatchable balls 520? Wasn't jimmys

2. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

3. JCBRAVE

4. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

How many passes did he throw

5. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

:deadhorse:

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Back in 2011 Seattle gave up a third rounder for Charlie Whitehurst. Bucs want at least a second or third round pick for Mike Glennon. Feeling in league circles is he is worth at least a third maybe second. If Mett has another preseason and possibly plays well again this season he very well could possibly fetch at least a third round pick or possible second.

7. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Also the 0-6 record is indicative of how bad the team was overall. Against Pitt Mett had a 110 QB rating,260 yards passing including an 80 yard bomb and he set an NFL/MNF record for a rookie and he still lost because the piss poor defense gave up nearly 300 yards rushing.

In Mett's very first game he set a franchise record passing for 300 yards. Against Philly Mett threw for 360 yards including 8 passes over 20 yards but again the team lost because they gave up kick returns for a TD and the defense gave up over forty points. No team will win with a league worst defense giving up over thirty points a game.

Sure there are folks that don't like Mett thats fine but the guy played well for a rookie. The 2014 squad was bad not even Manning/Brady would've only done so much it was an unwinnable situation with a really bad defense and an offense with no running game/poor protection and Mett did well in spite of all that.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. JCBRAVE

Better question is how did he end up with a 101 passer rating?

9. JCBRAVE

Yes there are some nuggets of tape that are encouraging, which is why the kid is our back-up now, as apposed to our 3rd QB. He proved to be better than Clipboard Jesus, but thats not some great feat that entitles him to get the job this year. Thats why we used our top pick on another QB.

I actually just watched clips from all 16 games yesterday looking to see if Kendall Wright had any issue with any particular route, as you know he slips a lot, but during all that tape Mett did standout ocasionally. Sometimes you dont catch things as theyre happening, but after you see it 3-4-5 times you see what really going on, and yes you and others are right to say there was just too much crap going wrong for Mett to succeed, and I agree with that. I do think he may be able to get it this time around where last year it was just too bad a sitauion.

But where Mett fell out of favor with me was when he couldn't seal the deal on 3rd downs in the 4th quarter.. Thats the primary stat I look at. And thankfully there was a large enoug sample size to encourage me to move on from hitching my wagon to Mett for another year. If he gets it at some point great, but I wouldn't count on it. I feel much better that was have another option in Mariota.

Mett fans need to quiet down and patiently wait for August to roll in, cause thats his chance to show we have 2 good QB's.

10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

It's alarming considering basically the entire last 15 years of Titans football has featured a week-to-week (or simply out) starting QB situation and now everyone is ready to send off the backup without a second thought.
    Backup QB is a friggin huge deal for this team.
    And CBJ is not the guy.

• High Five High Five x 5
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar