Merrill Hoge............. again

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Apr 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

yeah, he did a great job of repeating what everyone else has said to this point.

I think it would be very refreshing to hear just one reporter say that this suspension was even slightly more than Adam deserved for having no convictions on his record.

2. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Ok. DCTitan said, "the problem is in that article he said nothing anyone didnt know....". Oochymp responded to DCTitan saying basically, "...?...". All of this was started when Fitantitans wrote an article about Merrill Hoge talking about Pacman which Fitantitans agrees with along with TitanKid4Life and RyansTitans makes a good point about Hoge not making any sense at all.

3. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

No, DCTitan (from the way I read it) said that Hodges comments were nothing new and that the whole 'Pac needs to take responsibility' is something that everyone already knows and pretty much agrees with. My post was simply that I agreed with DCTitan's assessment.

4. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

I diddnt read what the other guys said so if what I said was already said then sorry.

Geez

5. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

No, I wasn't trying to be critical of your comment, I was just saying that a lot of the reporters are saying this type of stuff, that Adam needs to take responsibility for what he's doing off the field and stop trying to blame the NFL or the media for making him a poster boy, I'd just like to see somebody in the media say that this suspension is too harsh.

6. fitantitans

What's going to happen if he does get a conviction which MIGHT happen from the Vegas deal?
    I'm not all that sure that the suspension has anything to do with convictions, unless they, (the FO, the NFL and PAcman), know more than they are telling us. It is my opinion that the suspension was given for his actions off the field meaning, a good case of Man Behaving Badly. Hanging with the wrong crowd, drugs that never belong to Pacman, fights that Pacman never started, and a list of other things. He has too many "In the Wrong Places at the Wrong Times" on his list.
    I hear all the time, "Well what about several of our Titans getting into spouse beating troubles", or, "What about McNairs DUI", "What about Albert 'the Head Stomper?'", so on, so on. Well, that was McNairs 1st strike, Hopkins 1st strike, Alberts 1st strike (I think?), Rolles 1st strike. How many strikes do we have to give Pacman, 10, 15? I agree, he hasn't been convicted of anything.....yet....but either was McNair or Albert. Getting into trouble isn't a good thing, but getting into trouble all the time, there's a problem. I agree with the NFL on this. Hit him were it hits, money and career.
    I think the Titans can win games with or with out Pacman. I would love to see him stay with us but at what cost?

7. fitantitans

I knew Pac would get a suspension, but was real surprised at its length. I was more to thinking 5 games without the cash.
    It would help Pacmans cause if some of the media would side with him.

8. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

ok oochymp i understand what your saying but not the other guy...

9. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

That is exactly what I think, I was expecting somewhere around 4-8 games with a warning that one big conviction (aside from Vegas because that already happened) and he would be done in the NFL. I read somewhere that a six game suspension would cost $1 mil, would that not be enough to send the message? This is Adam's first suspension from the league (Fish has sat him down a few times, but the league hasn't) I was expecting something more like a warning, and a full year suspension is definately not a warning.

10. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

Once again... Merrill Hoge is completely right. That being said, Im tired of seeing Deon Sanders make a sales pitch and excuses for Jones... I still say let Jim Rome interview Jones.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar