Merril Hoge: "Titans will win Superbowl..."

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Young54, Sep 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

INT machine....hmmm, Vince isn't?

2. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

Mike Dikta predicted the titans would go to the superbowl against the giants,Hoge said the titans are now contenders for the superbowl without VY.Get on board now ESPN this wagon is gonna fill up quick.This defense has a chance to be a dominant force this year as long as the offense doesn't turn the ball over.KC take us to the promise land sober or not i'm with you:guzzle:

3. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I wonder if it's any coincidence that there will be more drinking at the Tailgate party this weekend? Someone better contact KFCs Sponsor!

4. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

I prefer to think of Vince as an INT artisan. He lovingly handcrafts every INT he throws, not like that cold mass-market INT machine Kerry Collins.:))

5. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

VY has lost his mojo. He looked really bad yesterday. KC is no savior but he makes the easy passes and gives us a little bit of a deep threat.

6. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

I guess if a guy who throws 17 interceptions in a year is an int machine than yes he is. But he didn't throw as many as kitna, eli, palmer, anderson, romo, and brees last year. Some of you make it seem that he has an uncanny amount of turnovers when in reality he's within a couple turnovers of all the qbs. How many turnovers do you think he should have in a year? Yes he had 2 yesterday but there will also be games he has 0. The guys who are bashing him for yesterdays performance are ridiculous. He had a total of 10 incomplete passes. I would say he had at least 4 passes that were catchable that went incomplete. Therefore at most he had 6 terrible throws in 3 1/2 quarters of work. He also did not get sacked once which is another stat often overlooked. I'm also positive our coaches and front office are happy with his improvement and there is 0% chance there will be a qb controversy.

7. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

How many TD's did those guys throw? Sure, 17 INTs wouldn't be that bad if Vince had thrown 25+ TDs, but when he comes close to doubling his amount of TDs with INTs there's a problem.

8. Young54

Young54 Starter

How many teams have made it to the Superbowl with awful passing games?
    ...the Bears?...the Ravens?

It is possible for us to win it all with a strong running game and an impenetrable D. It all comes down to who makes the least mistakes. Right now, I think it's Collins. Let Vince learn, he can take over in a few years.

9. TitanJames

TitanJames Guest

It's still that darned Madden curse.....look at Culpepper, never recovered, now retired.....cmon Vince, wake up and be the player you were BEFORE Madden!!

He can't let this injury define his season and continue to struggle. I think if he returns and has some success, all he needs is one defining moment to get his confidence back.....whether it be a pass, run whatever......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar