Merril Hoge: "Titans will win Superbowl..."

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Young54, Sep 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Young54

Young54 Starter

"Titans will win Superbowl with Kerry Collins!"

...according to Merril Hoge today on SportsCenter.

He actually gave props to out team. He said Collins was able to take the Giants to the Superbowl, and with our defense we could be unstoppable.

I’ve been thinking about that since the preseason, and I really think Collins gives us the best chance to win. I still like Vince, and think he is our future, but I think he needs to learn from the sidelines for a season or two. I never liked the idea of rookie QBs starting.

...I guess this will probably get moved, but I thought the idea of us winning the Superbowl deserves it's own thread.

2. jfrancis04

jfrancis04 AKA jonboy_the_titan

LOL That's really all I have to say. Hoge never ceases to surprise me...

3. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I agree with Hoge...

4. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Wow, he really, really hates Vince Young.

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

For worst to first in one weekend? Hoge - podge...

6. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

dare I say it...

... he was right about VY all along!?

7. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I think he actually said that the Titans are a Super Bowl Contender without VY.

8. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Amazing. I give Vince about 4 more games (when he gets back) to shape up or I'm jumping ship on em. He just looks terrible and insecure as a QB, the QB throws, the RB runs. We got some good RBs, so I don't see too much of a use for a mobile VY unless he can start throwing the damn ball. Granted, a couple of his incompletions were a result of his receivers not running thru the ball and finishing the plays (boy would a top flight receiver be nice), but those two picks were inexcusable. Threw the ball directly at defenders both times, and that doesn't cut it with me. If KC can have us 4-1 with 6 TDs and 2 picks when VY heals from his injury then I see a QB controversy coming up...

9. PickledMidget

PickledMidget Camp Fodder

Hoge is on crack. He just spews stuff to get people talking.

10. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

You guys are bugging seriously. VY has not been the truth, but believe You me, neither is KC. The dude is a statue and an INT machine. Again, I hope and pray that I'm wrong, but you guys need to be for real about KC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar