Merril Hoge Speaks

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by oldoilerfan, Oct 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Good to be back.

He ALWAYS sucked as a QB. Where are you getting the "Vince was so sick" stuff from? Do you even know what a Quarterback is and what his job is supposed to be?

2. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

from him winning rookie of the year and the video I just watched and him getting put on the madden cover because I'm obviously not the only one who thought he was sick his rookie year...

3. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I fail to see how Hoge is wrong in ANYTHING he said. If I had the clips I could make a video of Hoge saying something and Young throwing a pick or taking a bad sack.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

And I could make one about Manning. It doesn't really prove much.

5. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Except everyone would laugh at you for making a Manning sucks video. Just read the comments in this video, everyone agrees with Hoge.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Hoge isn't at all right about the dismantling of an organisation.

What? Because he said something and 4 years later it's come true and none of it has to do with Vince Young.

7. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Good to be back.

He wasn't sick at all.... Even during his Rookie year he was a horrible passer. The only WOW moments we got were when he used his athletic ability to win us games. Don't even get me started on his only full year starting though. He was complete garbage.. Yeah yeah I know... we had horrible receivers blah blah I know that... Even with horrible weapons you don't play that terribly... But anyways I'm not going to sit here and lie and say I wasn't in love with him because I was. He led my horrible excuse of a football team to a big win streak and nearly got us to the playoffs his Rookie Year. I never once thought he was a good passer though. Not in College and not in the NFL. He's always been terrible IMO. Right now we need a franchise QB. He is not.... When you seriously take a few minutes and think about that you'll understand it too. He just isn't what we need man. He just isn't....

8. davidsrobbins

davidsrobbins Camp Fodder

I'd rather have Vince as the QB then you as a fan from the sounds of your posts. Just saying.

Vince will get his due, hopefully the bye week goes alright and the D comes out fired up. Maybe Vince will finally get a start and we could win a game. That would be interesting if that happens. Just saying.

9. TitanFan75

TitanFan75 Camp Fodder

What??? He led the NCAA in passing eff. his Junior year. That doesn't seem like he was horrible in college as you suggest. VY hasn't forgotten how to throw the football there is something more to it. Maybe it has something to do with the coaching staff and the way they develope players. VY has some mental things to work out but you don't just go into the NFL and forget hoe to play the game.As for VY having a bad year his first full year as a starter. Yes he did struggle but you can go back through history and look at all the good QB's and alot of those guys had horrible years early in there carriers.

10. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Put VY in. We will start winning again. He's a winner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar