Member of the Week: Avvie

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CRUDS, Dec 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

What's the fastest you've ever driven & what were you driving?

Give us your most interesting driving tale.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

What advice would you give a man who likes a chick but doesn't know what to do?

Where would you go on a first date?

3. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Chad Vader :lol: Nice avvie.

4. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Six Bullets - fire away?

What play do you call at the end of the Superbowl?

If every job paid an equal amount, what would you do?

5. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

I think I broke 100 mph in a '73 Buick Gran Sport I once owned. It was on a two-lane country road too, which makes me a reckless idiot.
    I've been passenger of a Corvette doing over 200 MPH....not that you asked.

I've done a lot of driving, and had a few accidents, but I don't know if any of my stories are interesting. The one that jumps into my head is this:

Only my last three cars (in the last four years) have not been airborne.
    Once this dude and I were heading to Charleston, SC. I always drove open-container at the time. Nature called, and we were in the long stretch of desolate highway. I saw an exit coming up...it was like a cloverleaf with a wooded area in the center of the "leaf" on a hill. I saw an access path and uttered the redneck battle cry of "Watch This!!" and gunned it up the hill and went airborne into the trees, hit ground and stopped. Not biggie...but we got out and saw that this spot of ground had been mowed by a bush hog, and spikes of cut maple saplings covered the ground...three of them were right up against my tires, but by sheer dumb luck none were punctured. We would have been stuck in BFE and screwed.

6. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Your driving tale was interesting to me dude. Now share the one about riding shotgun in a Corvette at 200mph.:yes:

7. avvie

OKAY, EVERYONE, PAY ATTENTION HERE!!

Notice that Gunny has wisely chosen to bring his relationship issues to a man who concluded his third successful long-term relationship four years ago and moved to a land where all the women look like the Cleveland Dawg Pound defensive line.

Gunny, If you're unsure of what to do, I'd suggest having Titanbouy refer some videos to you until you get a better grasp of the concept. Have him mix it up a bit, as they tend to be predominantly male-centric in regards to their audience.

First dates can be a touchy thing, and it's hard to make a referral without more info. I once met this nice girl, and after talking a while I learned that she was a devout Wiccan (the goth makeup should have tipped me off). Trying to be sensitive to her convictions, I arranged for us to attend a ritual sacrifice at the local Pagan Hut. Alas, it all went wrong, as this was when I discovered that she was a Silver member of PETA. The moral is to make sure you finish your research. ;)

For all who might actually be looking for a real answer here: The best pick-up line in the world is "Hi!" :yes: and the best place for a first date is "someplace public".

8. avvie

Really, there wasn't anything to it. The Vette was a smooth ride, so I really didn't notice until I glanced over at the speedometer. It was on the raised part of I-65 heading towards Mobile, ALA.
    Dullsville, I know...

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

:ha: I knew there was a reason they call you Dr. Smooooooth.

10. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

If you had to pick one... Doobie Bros. or Allman Bros.?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar