MEMBER OF THE WEEK 8-19: Roll Tide

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CRUDS, Aug 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Yep, i have ziggy stardust, aladdin sane, diamond dogs, station to station and low.

Can't tell you which is my favorite but i have probably listened to diamond dogs the most. Bowie wanted to do an album based on orwell's 1984 but orwell's widow wouldn't let him use the title or references to the book so diamond dogs it became. His concert tour was so elaborate he almost went broke.

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

? At what age did you decide Elton John was no longer your favorite artist?

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

He's not gay enough to be your favorite though..:ha:

4. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Was it his call to make them evacuate, and could they have logistically done it anyway? Interesting read here;
    http://blog.nola.com/times-picayune/2007/08/judge_allows_evidence_from_eva.html

RollTide, would you have evacuated?

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Roll on, Roll! add Hunky Dory and you've quite a list of excellent Bowie records...

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Who is this?
    [​IMG]

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Cruds..

Andrew jackson isn't it? He looks like him and has clothing for that period..

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Hoffa darn it!

I can't answer that without knowing the particulars like where i was living. Almost all the flooding new orleans has suffered in years past has been due to the mississippi. Downtown, french quarter, fauburg marigny, etc. people living closer to the lake probably felt more secure because while levee failure was in the back of their minds it has never happened. Hell new orleans hadn't taken a direct hit for a long time.

I hate to say this but i probably would look out for my family first and myself..

9. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

It's OK, I just wanted to bring that article to Cajun's attention after I read it on NOLA today. He seemed to be blaming Nagin for not evacuating the nursing homes before the storm hit, and reading that it doesn't look like he was responsible for that. He can order everyone out of town, but it's not possible to get everyone out in time, especially people with special needs.
    Not that I like Nagin. I don't.

But I didn't want to hijack your thread, so I just ask what you would do so that it would be a question for you, just like the thread is suppose to be about. :))

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Hoffa my perspective is that if an ordinary citizen can grab a school bus, load it up and bring it to the astrodome then the authorities state and local could have done the same 25 times over.

Nagin is an arrogant cafe au lait creole who barely considers himself black at all and cares little for the people of his city in my opinion. He cares for new orleans at a business level and tourism level but i personally don't think he cares about the poor people there. Which makes him typical among mayors in that city..

I should add that nagin has some good ideas on how to improve the business climate of the city. His idea to privatize the airport is a great idea though he hasn't done it yet and he is less corrupt than most mayors..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar