MEMBER OF THE WEEK 8-19: Roll Tide

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CRUDS, Aug 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

On to more important things......
    Tide, what is your feeling about Tomahawk missles and Snipers in Command & Conquer Generals? Do you think they are fair or are they a gimmick which makes it too easy for the USA to beat the GLA?

2. cajuntitan

cajuntitan 26.2ers can do it for hrs

Hoffa,

I want to start with saying that I'm not being argumentative, just point out some facts.

Nagin could have called for a manditory evac. days before the storm, but claimed he didn't want to hurt the tourism industry if the storm turned. When he finaly call for the evac. it was too late. Did you see the footage of people standing in line to get in to the Superdome as the first bands of the storm were dropping rain on them? Did you see the 200 something school busses sitting in 3-4 foot of water after the storm? He is the one who should have called the evacuation days before the storm and used the school busses to get people out. It was only a month later that Rita hit our area. The Cameron Parish manditory evac. was called three days before the storm hit and Calcasieu Parish (where I live) and Houston (What about their tourism?) were called 2 days before. We evac. under sunny skies and were sitting in North LA when the first bands of Rita were making land fall. All of the Nursing homes in our area were evacuated 3 days before the storm hit. The bottom line is what Tide said, all Nagin cared about was money and not those poor people who had no way out of the city.

Also, many will bring back that stale argument that the only reason that Rita didn't cause as much damage to life as Katrina because of the lessons learned due to Katrina. Well I return with this, 2 years earlier a strom named Lilly hit the central part of LA coast. At first they thought that it might be headed to SW LA. Cameron was issued a manditory evac. 3 days before land fall and calcasieu parish was give a vol. evac. at the same time. If Lilly hadn't turned we were told that the manditory evac. was sceduled for calcasieu parish the next day. Every city and parish government has a hurricane evacuation plan. Nagin chose not to follow NO's. Why? Because of money!

Sorry Tide.

3. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Like I said, I don't like Nagin.

Tide, if you were a midwife, and during a difficult delivery you had to choose between saving the life of the mother or the newborn, which would you choose?

4. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

if Bama doesnt win the SEC this year, who will??

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Don't tell you Columbia neighbors you didn't nail James K Polk!

6. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Favourite Pizza topping?

7. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Do tell Mrs. Polk so she doesn't worry anymore...

8. cajuntitan

cajuntitan 26.2ers can do it for hrs

You are a construction worker

You have to construct a 1000 cubic yard embankment. The specifications stipulate a dry density of 115 pcf and a water content of 15%. The borrow pit where you excavate the soil has a moist unit weight of 110 pcf and a natural water content of 10%. The loose density after excavation is 100 pcf. Ten ton capacity trucks are used for hauling the soil to the site. You have to reach the job site with enough water to bring the moisture content up by 5%, but the sprinkler truck that you haul water with will lose 10% of its water while making the trip to the job site.

With the above information answer the following question:

What is the dosage of perscription strength motrin?

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Wtf?

Hoffa asking the hard questions.

Cruds that photo doesn't look much like the polk photos i see around town. The photo seemed like someone much taller than polk was.

Prescription motrin can run anywhere between 400 and 800 mg. In long term care facilities it is usually 600. And it is never the brand name motrin product but the ibuprofen generic which has several manufactures and pill sizes..

The word prescription is tricky because in hospitals and nursing homes all meds have to be prescribed but i think the highest dose of motrin over the counter is still 2, 200 mg tabs. So from our perspective as consumers 600mg is prescription because 400 mg is the highest recommended dose over the counter..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar