MEMBER OF THE WEEK 7-16: Broken Record

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CRUDS, Jul 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobo

Bobo Guest

:ha:

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

What do you get when you cross and elephant and rhinocerous?

3. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

ELEPHINO!!!

4. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could, in fact, chuck wood?

5. Broken Record

Simple...

As much wood as a woodchuck would if a woodchuck could chuck wood. :))

6. Broken Record

Last call for questions. I'll give some info that some of you know and some of you don't because we never really got into personal stuff.

I'm from Knoxville. I have a degree in English from UT. I work as a network administrator for a CPA firm. I've been married for 10 years. I have a 5 year old son. He was born with tetralogy of Fallot which is a 4 component heart defect. He has done very well after his open heart surgery. As a result, my wife and I started the non-profit Saving Little Hearts. That's what the raccoon pictures are all about. TitanJeff designed the Saving Little Hearts logo and has played Santa for the last few years at our Christmas party at Vanderbilt Childrens Hospital. In the past 5 years, we've grown SLH to be one of the largest congenital heart defect non-profits in the country.

In my spare time (which has been rare lately) I love to play guitar. I played in a band called Copper Sun through a good bit of the 90s. I got out of music for a few years after my son was born. I'm currently in the process of putting a new group together and our very own Avvie will probably be providing the bass parts.

I love GoTitans.com and all the folks here. This is where I spend the bulk of my time on the 'net.

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

A woodchuck can chuck a rick, unless its and African Woodchuck.

8. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

That's an interesting career path for an English grad I'd think. What gives?

9. Broken Record

No doubt. I learned everything I know on the job. My actual degree is English with a concentration in writing. Specifically, I was educated to be a technical writer/editor. I was a pretty aimless kid, but I wanted to major in music. My father and I didn't quite see eye to eye on that, so I didn't even declare a major until second semester of my 3rd year (when they forced me to). :ha:

So anyway, when I graduated I only got one job offer and it was with a company in Denver. I didn't want to move to Denver, so I pumped gas at a Texaco station for a year or so. Then I went to work for the CPA firm as a runner/administrative staff/billing clerk/trash man/whatever they needed. It was to be a temporary job while I decided what I really wanted to do. That was in 1993 and I'm still there.

Around 95 I think, I joined the IT department and have worked my way up. I'm not sure if they like me or if I have been promoted because I just won't go away. :ha:

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Did you line up early in the morning to buy Harry Potter?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar