MEMBER OF THE WEEK 11-19: Childress

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CRUDS, Nov 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I see you truely are the fantasy expert. Well played sir.

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

As soon as I hear anyone talking about Jackalopes I think of the tune Creepy Jackalope Eye (Supersuckers - Steve Earl)

An elaborate tale
    So convincingly real
    Things can seem so amazing
    'til you get up close
    And see they're no big deal
    Like the stars in the sky
    Or the one on the stage
    Just a big ball of gas
    And a regular guy
    Fresh out of minimum wage

In a jackalope space
    On a jackalope high
    I'm staring you down
    Creepy jackalope eye

Many things in this life
    Are not what they appear
    Yeah i look like a hare
    But if you stop and you stare
    I'm related to a deer

I got a jackalope face
    I'm a jackalope guy
    And i'm staring you down
    Creepy jackalope eye

Is it so hard to imagine
    Is it so hard to believe
    Something so outrageous
    Something so far fetched
    Well how 'bout adam and eve?

I know you gotta have faith
    I know the need to hope
    But the truth is always in place
    It's right in front of my face
    The mighty jackalope

3. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Sounds like a good tune :ha:

4. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Why couldn't you ask me these kick *** questions on my MOW?
    If I remember correctly, you asked me why dogs sniffed each other butts, and something about dogs eating puke: http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showpost.php?p=320153&postcount=57

Those questions were gayer than Peyton and his brother at the gay prade..

[​IMG]

5. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

At least you got a question ... :cry:

6. Sappersis

Sappersis "custom user title here"

See now i totally missed your MOW thread...perhaps you and i can have a personal Q&A. hahaha, obviously i started my holiday celebrating early :)

7. Sappersis

Sappersis "custom user title here"

-What kind of a book would you write?

-If you could add any book to the list of high school literature worldwide what book would it be?

-Have you ever ridden a machanical bull? If not and you had the chance would you?

-If you could own any famous painting which would it be...would you put it somewhere for others to see or hide it?

-If you could give 1 gift (possible/impossible/and money is no deterent) what would you give to who?

-If you could have any movie remade which movie would it be?

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Should I read War and Peace or the Matarese Circle next?

9. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Dyamn,more great questions!

A fantasy story that's linked to our time & reality.

Men Are From Mars,Women Are From Venus - John Gray

The world might be a more considerate one if that were to happen.

-
    No I've not ridden one. Friends say I'm the clumsiest & most accident prone person they know. I've learned to avoid putting myself in risky situations to avoid injury.

That said,if there was one nearby & I'd been drinking then I'd probably be the 1st idiot to volunteer.

I can't profess have much art knowledge other than the classics. I mainly like surrealism,Hieronymus Bosch & Dali.

Dali is the only one I'm truly into & his sculptures are even more amazing than his paintings. There are others I like more but the 1st painting of his that blew me away & made me search out his other work was The Persistence Of Time.

[​IMG]

I'd share it with friends & family but I would display it in my own private place of tranquility & contemplation. There are countless places where joe public can buy a print of it.

-

I'd give everyone an illness free lifespan of a 10'000 years & make it so women only gave birth produce one boy & one girl at the 5,000 year mark. Surely we could all get along & have an equal quality of life & share of the wealth under those circumstances.

Two choices.

Intensity.

A made for tv movie based on Dean Koontz's book of the same name. It was ok for a tv movie but it's one of the best books about a psychopath that's been written. Koontz did it without all the graphic sex & violence of Bret Easton Ellis' American Psycho.

It deserves a big star & big budget treatment.

Something Big

A Dean Martin comedy western featuring a great cast & plot. I love this movie which criminally you can't even buy on VCR let alone DVD.

I'd remake it as a Snatch,Lock Stock type movie set in the modern day. If you like those two movies you'll love Something Big. Dean Martin & Brian Keith play it subtly for laughs & the result is sublime.

10. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

From what I've heard of War & Peace it's an absolute masterpiece but one of the grimmest & most depressing stories ever written.

You don't even get rick rolled half way through to lighten the mood. Ludlum for me. If I was going to read one of the classics I'd choose The Grapes of Wrath.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar