MEMBER OF THE WEEK 10-21: Creeping Cruds

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CRUDS, Oct 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

My earliest memory of film horror was The Fly, when that guy takes the cover off his head and he has a fly-head. That freaked me out big time. Next was a Mario Bava directed trilogy of stories called Black Sabbath. The one story about a dead lady who comes back to life called "A Drop of Water" traumatized me badly. I recently bought the Bava DVD box set and saw Black Sabbath again and it was every bit as scary as I remember - total nightmare time! I googled "A Drop of Water - Bava" and it comes back with a bunch of other people who freaked out on that one as well...

A Drop of Water:
    [​IMG]

2. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

That Bava flick sounds cool CC. I don't watch a ton of horror flicks, so it's apt to creep me out. Now I just have to hunt down a copy. Sometimes hunting down a good copy of an obscure flick is half of the fun.

One of the distributors I deal with in my business also imports cult horror and anime/manga/hentai titles. I picked up a few seemingly interesting ones this week, but haven't watched yet. Have you heard of any of these?

Slaughter Hotel starring Klaus Kinski (love that crazy mofo) directed by Fernando Di Leo

Scorpion directed by Christopher Mantovi (female prison horror flick... :)) )

And finally a two disk, numbered limited edition of Dario Argento's Opera

I'll definitely be looking for the Bava flick when I head down there next week.

I used to be a big aquarium buff, but it started taking over my life. 55 Gallon tank for my oscars, 32 gallon long tank for clown loaches (my fave fishies), another 50 gallon community tank, an isolation tank and a tank for feeders. I just freaked out one day and sold the lot of em. That was like ten years ago, I'm starting to get the itch again. I can't believe I've never heard of Buffalo Heads... next stop google :)

Do you fall into the same trap with your fish tanks or do you try to keep it relatively simple with just the one tank?

Has anything changed in the aquarium hobby over my ten year absence? New technology in tanks/filters etc? (I've been completely out of the loop)

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Dude, just get the Bava box set that came out this year. Well worth it just for Black Sabbath, Black Sunday and Kill, Baby, Kill.

I used to have all the different tanks around the house but literally was having nightmares about falling behind on tank maintenance and getting someone to take care of my fish when I was out and about just became a strain on friends etc. so I downsized to one 55 gal and chose my favorite fish to occupy the tank - buffaloheads, who are river africans that have funny swim bladders which makes them pop around from the floor. Lots of personality, not too agressive but tough enough to hold their own against just about anyone you wanna put in there with them...
    In the last ten years? Probably the obvious answer: the internet. Custom tanks, online fish farms, fish enthuesiasts clubs and communities etc... I don't mess with all that too much though...

4. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Do you still own a turntable?

What was the last LP you bought?

Favourite time of day?

When you think "Canada" you picture...

Can you name a Canadian Prime Minister without looking elsewhere for the answer?

What did I have for din?

When was the last time you went swimming in a large body of water?

And were you eaten by a shark?

Favourite part of the female form?

Top ten things you refuse to eat.

Give us your best fishing story.

:))

PS: just saw the Bava box set at the store this past week. I cheaped out and didn't buy it... but it's on my radar.

5. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Great move tb:yes:

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Dood, thanks for feeding my self-indulgence...

Do you still own a turntable?
    I actually own a fairly new turntable..
    I have tons of old Punk and Hardcore vinyl that I'm burning onto CD then digitizing for Itunes...

What was the last LP you bought?
    I bought a copy of The Belching Penguins: Draft Beer not Me, off of Ebay..
    Rare Fl Punk.. Craziest drummer on the planet...

Favourite time of day?
    Dusk, when the shadows are the longest. Best time for photos, especially out west..

When you think "Canada" you picture...
    Without question it's Bob and Doug Mckenzie on their "stage set".. After that I think of the majesty of Banff...

Can you name a Canadian Prime Minister without looking elsewhere for the answer?

Pierre Trudeau is the only name that comes to mind..

What did I have for din?
    Molson Golden

When was the last time you went swimming in a large body of water?
    A coupla years back, visiting the folks in Fla.

And were you eaten by a shark?
    No but I have been grazed by a nurse shark and bitten by a large snake..

Favourite part of the female form?
    All of it..

Top ten things you refuse to eat.
    1) Ham
    2) Tongue
    3) Liver
    4) Mac and Chee
    5) Clams
    6) Oysters
    7) Menudo
    8) Ox tail
    9) Eggplant
    10) Egg Nog

Give us your best fishing story.
    Went fishing on the big lake in Michigan as a kid and caught a huge alligator gar. This sucker jumped right into the boat and bit all three people in the boat, one person needed stitches.. It was nuts...

:))

PS: just saw the Bava box set at the store this past week. I cheaped out and didn't buy it... but it's on my radar.

Word.. it's worth the cash for Black Sabbath alone...

7. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

What's the fastest you've ever driven & what were you driving?

Your best car/driving story?

Money is no object & you have a 10 car garage,which wheels would you fill it with?

8. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Does sapper ask the best questions ever or what?

Money is no object & you have a 10 car garage,which wheels would you fill it with?

Which book would you like to see made into a movie?

Who would you pick as director,main cast?

Favourite can of Stag?

You are shipwrecked alone on a desert island but can choose 7 luxury items,what would you choose?

Can men & hot women just be friends?

Why do you keep checking the refrigerator with hopes that something new to eat will have materialized?

What's your most expensive purchase other than a house or a car?

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

- 1989 Porsche 911 Carrera Targa w/ Turbo Convertable. Probably about 130 mph before chickening out (in an alley to boot)
    My old roommate's car. He had two of them a red and a gold. This was the gold one. This car was downright evil. Dial the turbo in at about 35mph (about 2 seconds into acceleration) and it was more intense than the light-speed jump in Star Wars.

-I used to drive a truck for 10 years so I have too many stories. Seen all kinda stuff from tornadoes right overhead to people "gettin it on" in the drivers seat on I95 at 75mph..
    One time the wife and I were lost in Hwalupae (pardon the spelling) Indian reservation area of the AZ desert. We drove on roads that were so washboard that you couldn't go faster than 5mph or the car would fall apart. We found a 10 mile majestic forest of Joshua trees and eventually wound up at the west rim of the Grand Canyon the day Robbie Kneivel made his jump. The indians wouldn't let us in so we had to turn back. It took more than half the gas to get there and there were no towns for god-knows how far down the road. We took a chance on an unmarked dirt road around a mountain and about 2 hours later we made to one of those last chance gas stations on the road to nowhere.. on fumes..

10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Him n you...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar