Mel Kiper's 3 Round Mock

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by xpmar9x, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I never said so he could rush all the time.. atleast I don't think so. All I said is we should allow him to blitz more than our LBs do now, which is like never. Then have McRath and Tulloch focus on stopping the run. Von be worried about blitzing and coverage. I'm tired of seeing Tulloch guarding TEs.

2. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

1. Just because he is the same size doesn't make him Mathis
    2. I have never been convened the Mathis can be effective w/o Freeny lining up on the other side (just my opionon).
    3. Athletes != football players.

So you would have us go DE in the first and then situational pass rushing DE in the third? Brilliant plan. With all the holes we have I am sure that we will be right on top again with a draft strategy like that. :smh:

I don't see Moch as being able to provide us with anything that Ford can't. A situational pass rusher is only going to give us 5-6 sacks a season which Ford already does. I don't see the value of Moch in the third especially considering the Moffitt can start at center for us at day one and will also go in the third (IMO)

Our defense I already going to be altered by the fact that we have a new head coach and defensive coordinator. I see Gray using a defense similar to what Williams uses in New Orleans, a super aggressive version of the 4-3. IDK about Miller but I think he can be a Clay Matthews type player and be good coverage while being an elite pass rusher. If nothing else at least Miller has tape of him covering as a 4-3 OLB depending on how much stock you put into the senior bowl.

True, but before the knee surgery Carter was a 1st round pick. I see Carter in the second as a less risky pick then Moch in the third as we at least no that Carter has had the ability to play in the 4-3 at some point in his life.

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

If we get Fairley in the 1st he isn't playing DE so we will have to address the DE spot at some point. We can speculate that Jones might move outside but that is really speculation.

I'd be fine with Fairley and Mallett. Moffitt is a decent player and was a real road grader in college. But he isn't real quick. Since we pck so early in the 3rd I think we would be better off waiting until the 4th to see what value there is there for Moffitt or another interior OL guy. You would think Munch can find the right guy if anyone can.

Value at the 3rd round spot could be OLB or S. Moch is actually similar to Miller. Very fast for his size (4.44), a great vertical (42 inches) and he projects better as a 3-4 OLB. I think he would be a good pick in the 3rd round. Fairly smooth in pass defense, great blitzer and could play DE on passing downs. He is only 6'1 so he isn't a rangy guy. He is certainly athletic enough and not to big to play OLB in a 4-3 but would have to learn the position. Still his physical skills can't be ignored. My guess is some 3-4 team will grab him before our 3rd round pick.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Really? Ford had 3 sacks last year and he played a lot after Morgan got hurt. His sack totals have fallen every year.

7.0 in 2008
    5.5 in 2009
    3.0 in 2010

I think Moch can do better than that.

The DE i want us to take in rd 1 is not a speed rusher. Watt is 290 lbs and can play inside for us also. Moch is a play maker and could be used in a lot of ways. We drafted an OLB in rd 3 last year who did nothing for us at all. If Moch could cover kicks well and be a gunner on punts and get us 5 sacks that is much better than what we got from Curran.

My definition of Moch's role was for his first year or 2 in the league. The hope would be that he could develop into a more complete OLB and do more things over time. I'm talking about a 3rd rd pick.

I'm imagining an obvious passing situation with Moch and Morgan at the ends and Jones and Watt inside.

As for Carter he had his surgery in December. What if he could not play at all this year? It's possible. I highly doubt if Wilson will be there in rd 2 after his awesome combine but if Wilson and Carter were both there in rd 2 that would be a no brainer. I doubt it though.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Kiper is not better than McShay.

McShay at least knows what he's talking about 30% of the time. That's 30% better than Kiper.

6. Moon1

Moon1 Starter

Here ya go

Kiper

65. Carolina Allen Bailey DL Miami (Fla)
    66. Cincinnati Ryan Williams RB Virginia Tech
    67. Denver Christian Ballard DL Iowa
    68. Buffalo Lance Kendricks TE Wisconsin
    69. Arizona James Carpenter OT Alabama
    70. Cleveland Jarvis Jenkins DT Clemson
    71. Dallas Da'Norris Searcy S North Carolina
    72. New Orleans (from Wash) Chris Carter LB Fresno St.
    73. Houston Kendric Burney CB North Carolina
    74. New England (from Minn) Jon Baldwin WR Pittsburgh
    75. Detroit Marcus Gilbert OT Florida
    76. San Francisco Colin Kaepernick QB Nevada
    77. Tennessee John Moffitt OG Wisconsin
    78. St. Louis Alex Green RB Hawaii
    79. Miami Edmond Gates WR Abilene Christian
    80. Jacksonville Quinton Carter S Oklahoma
    81. Oakland Chimdi Chekwa CB Ohio St.
    82. San Diego Marcus Cannon OT TCU
    83. New York Giants Terrell McClain DT South Florida
    84. Tampa Bay Colin McCarthy LB Miami (Fla)
    85. Philadelphia Ross Homan LB Ohio St.
    86. Kansas City Greg Salas WR Hawaii
    87. Indianapolis Drake Nevis DT LSU
    88. New Orleans Kendall Hunter RB Oklahoma St.
    89. San Diego (from Seattle) Akeem Dent LB Georgia
    90. Baltimore Will Rackley OL Lehigh
    91. Atlanta DeMarco Murray RB Oklahoma
    92. New England Marcus Gilchrist DB Clemson
    93. Chicago Stefen Wisniewski OL Penn St.
    94. New York Jets Greg Little WR North Carolina
    95. Pittsburgh Austin Pettis WR Boise St.
    96. Green Bay Cortez Allen CB The Citadel
    97. Carolina (comp selection) Kenrick Ellis DT Hampton

McShay

65. Carolina Jarvis Jenkins DT Clemson
    66. Cincinnati Kendall Hunter RB Oklahoma State
    67. Denver Quan Sturdivant LB North Carolina
    68. Buffalo Lance Kendricks TE Wisconsin
    69. Arizona Marcus Gilbert OT Florida
    70. Cleveland Leonard Hankerson WR Miami (FL)
    71. Dallas Brandon Hogan CB West Virginia
    72. New Orleans (from Wash) Rodney Hudson G/C Florida State
    73. Houston Jaiquawn Jarrett S Temple
    74. New England (from Minn.) Jabaal Sheard DE Pittsburgh
    75. Detroit Daniel Thomas RB Kansas State
    76. San Francisco Kenrick Ellis NT Hampton
    77. Tennessee Curtis Brown CB Texas
    78. St. Louis Johnny White RB North Carolina
    79. Miami Dion Lewis RB Pittsburgh
    80. Jacksonville Greg Little WR North Carolina
    81. Oakland Virgil Green TE Nevada
    82. San Diego Lee Ziemba OT Auburn
    83. New York Giants Terrell McClain DT South Florida
    84. Tampa Bay Shane Vereen RB California
    85. Philadelphia Joshua Thomas CB Buffalo
    86. Kansas City Tandon Doss WR Indiana
    87. Indianapolis John Moffitt G Wisconsin
    88. New Orleans Joseph Lefeged S Rutgers
    89. San Diego (from Seattle) Colin McCarthy LB Miami (FL)
    90. Baltimore James Brewer OT Indiana
    91. Atlanta Kendric Burney CB North Carolina
    92. New England Marcus Gilchrist DB Clemson
    93. Chicago Gregory Salas Hawaii
    94. New York Jets Jerrel Jernigan WR Troy
    95. Pittsburgh Luke Stocker TE Tennessee
    96. Green Bay Christopher Carter OLB Fresno State
    97. Carolina (compensatory) Edmund Gates WR Abilene Christian

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Please NO. After taking Craig Stevens and Jared Cook I would be so mad to see the TE I wanted the Titans to eventually draft selected by Pittsburg!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar