Mel Kiper's 3 Round Mock

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by xpmar9x, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Moch as OLB or DE for us?

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I get it as a bonus for getting ESPN the magazine :D

3. 24

24 Starter

DiscountMags/Tanga do these deals every now and then, you can basically get ESPN The Magazine for around $4 for the year. Once you get the first magazine, you can create an Insider account for free. You literally save around $40 (maybe more). I'll try and post the deal if I ever see it again.

4. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Mel Kiper is starting to lose it if you ask me.

Also, I hope you don't pay for the ESPN Insider. It's a huge scam to take your hard earned money.

I agree with the above poster. 2 months ago, I thought we could snag Mallett in the 2nd or even the 3rd round, but now I just don't see him getting out the 1st round, nor do I see Locker dropping to the 2nd round. Guess we should really be looking at Dalton or Ponder with our 2nd round pick.

5. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Starting to? He has sucked since 1984.

6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

He's better than McShay

7. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I disagree.

8. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Moch would have to be an OLB used in blitz packages for us as he is way to small to play 4-3 DE especially w/ our front four trying to bulk up (6'1 248) and possess no known coverage skills. That being said I would take a chance on him if he was still there late-second/early third. Would rather see us end up with Bruce Carter though.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

As a third rd pick he could have value in a variety of places. He could put a hand down as a De in obvious passing downs or play a blitzing LB role. He would be a great gunner on punts.

He runs a 4.44 and has great lower body strength so i think we can find ways to use him.

You want us to draft Miller and then adapt the defense to fit him. We could find ways to use a guy like Moch.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

He is the same size as Robert Mathis and has a very powerful lower body. 42 inch vertical, 10.8 broad jump.

Why couldn't he be used as a DE in passing situations? If we had Watt and Moch we could move Watt inside and bring in Moch outside to get after the QB.

Give Moch the playing time at DE that Ford or Hayes had and i bet he is more effective at getting to the QB.

As an OLB it is going to take time to learn coverages but xpmar9x thinks we should use an 8th pick on miller and alter our defense so he can rush all the time.

Of course i keep talking about us getting Carter and he is coming off major knee surgery and we have no timed speed on him. Maybe that is a reach also.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar