Media; Why are the Titans 4-0? Jeff Fisher of course...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Hoffa, Sep 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I've heard two separate sports analyst shows today give Fisher the credit for the Titans success so far this season.

I've thought he's been overated by the media. An average coach at best. Can only win with talent, never over-achieves.
    Now they're giving him the credit for the wins, but they've never given him the blame for all the losses on his record...

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Never over-achieves? VY rookie year was over-achieving at it's best.

3. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

dude, he runs the ball constantly, and he does it well (3 rushing TD's today). Its all about controlling the clock, which we did. He wins as a coach, period.

4. moose4now

moose4now Starter

I've never been able to understan a Titans fan that can't (or won't) give Jeff Fisher the respect he deserves as a Head Coach in the NFL.

5. T Atlas

T Atlas Guest

Hes a top 5 HC in the league, prehaps even the best. He'd be my #1 pick for HC on any team.

6. Hoffa

No, there shouldn't be a period where you placed it. He wins as a coach WITH TALENT, period. Check his overall record, barely above .500, he doesn't just win, period.

I do give Fisher the respect he deserves. He deserves to be recognized as a good coach. But not the great coach the media paints him up to be.

The credit goes to the talent he has on the field, which he is good at coaching. But he is not a great coach, a great coach can win with less, something Fisher has never done.

Fisher is good...not great...

7. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Among the best, he's up there. Whether that's number one or not is up for debate. But, he'd be my choice.

8. Hoffa

Based on what criteria?
    Winning percentage---no.
    Consecutive playoff apperances---no.
    Titles---no.
    Perception painted by the media----yes.

9. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

I don't know how many coaches I've seen win with no talent, but I know I have seen way more not win with talent. We tend to win way more than we lose. So I'm happy with who we have here.

10. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I'd rank him as great. Because he's done well with different styles.

He's won running the ball.
    He's won throwing the ball.
    He's won with an agressive Defense.
    He's won with a passive defense.
    He's created not one, but two of the greatest D's ever with different styles.
    He's never had a major star on the team. Not one HOF other than the o-lineman.
    He rebuilt a team from scratch in only a couple of years.

I think he's found ways to win with different teams.

I think he's great. And sure. He has weaknesses. But he's put the Titans on the map. He's getting it done in a major way. I can live with a couple of bad years with an aging qb, and some .500 seasons with Chris Chandler and a bunch of nobodies. The rest of it has been pretty exciting.

I think he has a hard time swallowing his pride. But I've seen him do it, and that is enough for me to give him due. He's been a great coach here. We've actually had a nice run of coaches too.

Bum Phillps
    Jeff Fisher
    Jack Pardee
    Jerry Glanville

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar