Media Panel to Discuss What's Wrong With Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by A.D., Jan 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

WTVF-Channel 5's Hope Hines will host a media panel, which will air after the 10:00 news tonight, approximately 10:20 PM CST. "I want to talk about what's wrong with the Titans and what needs to be done to get them out of this situation," said Hines.
    http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060113/SPORTS11/601130406/1043

The panel includes The Tennessean's Jim Wyatt and Paul Kuharsky, The Daily News Journal's David Boclair, The City Paper's Terry McCormick, WGFX-FM 104.5 Sports Zone's George Plaster along with WTVF's Mark Howard, Eric Yutzy and Neil O'Donnell.

Hines said the segment will run for about 20 minutes Sunday night, but he will keep the cameras rolling as the discussion will continue for another 15-20 minutes. The entire footage will be shown Monday night on SportsLine (8-9 p.m.) on NewsChannel 5-Plus.

I'm sure Howard will report on the unaired footage Monday morning on his radio show with Wycheck, who was ticked off Friday that neither he, nor any other Titans' employees were included in the panel. Guess what, Frank. There's a reason why Titans' employees weren't invited to participate. Hines wants to give the panel the appearance of objectivity and credibility.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

It should be entertaining though I doubt we hear anything we haven't already.

3. danny

danny Guest

Anyway us out of towners can hear that ?

4. Bulluck

Bulluck Camp Fodder

I dont want to hear a media panel tell us what we already know... let Floyd and Jeff say it

5. Sunshine

Sunshine Camp Fodder

Maybe I misunderstood him, but I thought Wycheck was saying it would be a good idea if the Titans SIDE were represented -- not a Titans employee. Either way, I don't think we'll hear anything that we haven't already heard/read from the group in their various media.

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

All I know is we only hear from Fisher and Reese are general statements like we need to run the ball better and stop the run better. They don't say specifically why we can't do those things ie. what players are not cutting it.
    Wycheck is also guilty of not specifically naming names because of his relationship with the Titans and players. I would like to hear objective information on specific players like Hartwig and the rest of the OL. If a guy is not pulling his weight say so. If we need an upgrade at a specific postion it should be discussed without having to be politically correct. Should be an interesting conversation however I doubt in 20 minutes they will be able to cover all the ramifications of the draft and contracts.

7. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

When they advertise this as 9 of the best sports minds in Nashville [or however they say it] and they start running names like Mark Howard and George Plaster across the screen you already know what its going to be like.

8. KobeChaz

KobeChaz Guest

No offense to anyone intended. But, what a freakin' joke. I'm sure they'll blame it all on Pacman. :sad2:

9. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

I'm just mad there are no chicks on the panel. Where is Jessica Hopp, Sarah Walsh, Amy F. (from Fox sports)?

I will say that Jim Wyatt and Dave Boclair are the most knowledgeable. George Plaster's voice makes what he says sound more knowledgeable.

10. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Jim Wyatt may be knowledgeable, but come on, we all want to know....

WHAT'S UP WITH THE HAIR?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar