McShay's Mock has us taking P. Amukamara

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by 2ToneBlueBlood, Feb 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

With pressure, Finnegan was a top 5 cb in the league...

He played a new side this year. He'll only be better at it next year.

- we don't need a CB. Sorry.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I do think DLine is more of a pressing need, then after that LB. I'd rank my top 4 as Fairley, Bowers, Dareus, Von Miller. If none are there at 8 I say we go Prince. But, there is HUGE value at DE in this draft. I think there are 7-8 with a 1st round grade on them and I don't think they all get taken in the 1st. There could be good value at pick 40 with someone like Cameron Heyward or JJ Watt. If we got another good 1st round talent DE to pair with Morgan, it could be like Freeny and Mathis.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

He could do it, it's not like he's excelled as a CB in the NFL. McCourty also has the frame to become a Safety if he had to. I don't know that I'd do it either, but he's my pick for CB-------->SS if we have to do it.

4. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

It's a nice thought, but Morgan is at the exact other end of the spectrum compared to Freeney or Mathis.

Morgan is a big, strong guy, capable of helping on the run as well. Freeney and Mathis are undersized speed rushers. We've had our tries with those types..Kearse, Ford, Laboy.

Every Colts fan blames the DTs and LBs for their lack of run support, but Freeney and Mathis are big contributors in their lack of being able to stop the run. They are far from all-around players.

5. That Guy

That Guy Rookie

I don't think CB is our biggest weakness. Some of you guys are already assuming that PA would come in and be the #1 CB automatically.

While they may not be a glamorous bunch of DB's, with good DL pressure, they could be a strong unit again. You guys have to remember that Verner was a rookie and played pretty decent as one too. He is only going to get better. 1-2 more years and I think he will be the #1 CB on the team, by far.

Hope is worth upgrading, but there isn't a S worth picking at 8,IMO. Might be worth it to draft a S in the 2nd, but I believe taking the best DL or LB 1st is the best thing for this team.

Taking a QB that the staff feel is franchise material should be the next option. I don't think the Titans are going to draft a QB that early. Most likely in the 2nd or 3rd round. So getting another dominant DL would help this team the most, the soonest. Our offense still has some weapons, we just need a QB to lead it now. Since the FO is most likely going to be bringing in a vet QB as a stopgap, I doubt we draft a QB that high, unless he just "wows" the staff.

The Titans just have greater needs than CB this early in the draft.

I certainly would not be upset if he ends up being the pick, but I feel that we could get better value out of the #8 pick.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. nickmsmith

He appeared to be a top 5 CB, for one year or two. I am torn on which one is the real "him." Hope looked very good too, and clearly Harper looked better than he really was. So I think his status is slightly inflated.

I do agree though. I think a CB would be just short of an unnecessary pick when we are a team that needs so much.

Amukamara would look bad with the defense we had last year. Whoever brought up the Steelers point earlier was brilliant. They almost never have good CBs, and one good safety, but they are in the top 2-3 defenses in the league nearly every year, because of good DL, LB, and SS play. Clay Matthews made all the difference in the world for the Packers as well.

Haden, Kareem Jackson, Kyle Wilson, Malcolm Jenkins, Vontae Davis, Leodis McKelvin,And Patrick Robinson (Past 2 years first rounders)

didn't really turn around anything for their respective teams. I didn't even know two of those guys existed.

7. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

I agree that we dont need a CB, in fact at all in the draft.
    I would not be happy with Prince at 8 at all.

Von Miller if he gets past Arizona, is the guy we NEED

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. nickmsmith

When you're trying to rebuild a defense from nothing (we pretty much are) you start from the core. Kyle Wilson for the Jets was a luxury pick, because they were solid. Vontae Davis for the Dolphins was a not-so-smart pick for example, because they had glaring needs in other areas.

Get the front 7 done, and it falls into place.

9. TitanHope

TitanHope Camp Fodder

Yeah, I'd much rather let Robert Johnson play SS rather than move Finny or McCourty there.

Why in the world would be force Finny/McCourty to play an unnatural position? (Although, Finny did play FS in college. Although that's Samford, a level where you can pull that off) It makes no sense to me, especially considering if we draft a CB, if means our current CB's aren't that good, so it's not a case of making sure the best players are on the field.

10. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

When our pick comes around and: Fairley, Peterson, Bowers, Dareus, Quinn, and maybe Von are gone I wouldn't mind Prince.

However, that #8 pick will have some good trade value. Either for A: Gabbert/Newton or B: Prince Amukamara. Say the Dolphins/Seahawks/Jaguars (who I doubt we trade with) want a QB, they'll want to trade up before the Vikings/Redskins. Or a team really wants Amukamara, it's very unlikely the Cowboys pass on him.. so they'll want to trade up. Lions, Ravens, Steelers, or Eagles could trade up. Trading back is very possible, but if we don't get a great deal for trading, just take Prince.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar