McShay's Mock has us taking P. Amukamara

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by 2ToneBlueBlood, Feb 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Yes. I agree that D-line is the biggest need, but if all top 4 d-lineman are gone at #8, we need to draft a corner.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I wouldn't be disappointed with Amukamura, but I'm a firm believer that you build a defense from the inside, out.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

I'd be more than happy with Prince at 8! And, yes, our corners really do suck. Verner is good but not great, in fact, on most teams he wouldn't start. Finny has gotten progressively worse over the last couple years and McCourtey is not very good at all. Now you throw Prince into the mix, he starts right away. Try Finny at FS, move Griff to SS and let Verner start at the 2nd corner with McCourtey playing nickel... now we're on to something.

4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

If none of the top DL players are available then go Amukamara. I agree there is a bigger need on the line but we can't pass on Amukamara, that or we trade down.

5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

If they're gonna go Defense, they need to get an impact pass rusher or linebacker, period. Von Miller would be my favorite, or a top DT if they are there. I would love to see Von Miller as our wild card DE/LB on third downs.

If I were the Steelers, I'd pick a CB, but we have legitimate pressure issues, which IMO is more important.

I would be slightly disappointed with the pick of Amukamara, but I could deal with it. I was WTF??? with Britt too, and he's been ok for us.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I think Rahim Moore the safety out of UCLA would be a better player for us in terms of how he could help our defense than Amukamara. Prince does not have the elite type speed that makes him worthy of an 8th pick. Moore is a Michael Griffen type safety prospect who had 10 ints in 2009. If he runs a 4.45 40 in the combine i would without any hesitation put him ahead of Prince on my list. He is big time unde rated!

The under rated players in this draft pool are the middle defensive players which is what we need more than another outside pass rusher or a CB.

Wilson the Illinois MLB is another who is every bit as good a prospect in my mind as Ayers or even Miller but he is slated to be a very late first rd pick. If he had a good combine i would consider him worthy of that 8th pick.

Bigtitan is right you build a defense from the inside and i would much prefer Dareus to Prince if that is what it comes to.

7. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Well if we don't take Prince then we need the best pass rusher on the board, that's the way I see it. Either we improve covering the pass or getting to the QB either approach would be fine since they are both needs. I'm really warming to Aldon Smith too, he'd be pretty interesting, but maybe we could trade down a tad and still get him. Dude is a pure pass rusher, and could probably play a 3-4 rush backer as well if we make the switch. Thing is I'm just not sure how he'd hold up against the run. But I'd be more that willing to sacrifice run D if he can destroy Manning :)

8. nickmsmith

The coverage problem will fix itself if we get pressure. Finnegan will again put on the facade that he is an elite corner.

Any pick used in the front 7 would be a good pick, I think. We could use upgrades everywhere. McGrath looked like a chump, and Witherspoon was a stop-gap.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I coulds gets downs wid this. Amukamara would be our guy we stick on their most targeted WR, while we move McCourty to SS. But like i always says: you can never can too many good corners. So maybe we'd keep McCourty at CB, and find a SS somewhere else.

10. nickmsmith

I don't know how keen I am on switching positions of players, with little experience there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar