McNair's Future Uncertain with Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Feb 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I think that could change after McNair gets settled. It might be perceived as a conflict of interest right now. I find it strange Adams made it sound like Bus might be involved at some point if that hadn't been discussed.

2. Cook's deal with Cutler essentially prevents him from being the agent for any other top QB in the draft this year. If he takes on Young as a client, Cutler could easily hire a new agent who wouldn't have such a conflict of interest.

There is speculation that Cook is actually working with Young's official agent, Major Adams, behind the scenes. Adams has negotiated just 1 NFL contract before.

3. metal957

metal957 Starter

I say we keep Big Mc one more year at the 9 to 10 mil range and then let Super Vince let him start his campaign on the NFL

4. adamwinn51

adamwinn51 Starter

If we release McNair what is our cap hit for this year? If it is around 9-10 mill than we should just keep him but if it is not that big, say 5-6 mill, I say we cut him loose and move on.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Cap hit...

If we release mcnair the cap hit will still be $13M for 2006 but we save $14M. So like soxcat said we gain little from what it would cost to keep him.

Problem is we can sign shaun alexander for the money it would cost to keep mcnair around. They are asking for a new deal that will still cost us $15-16M against the cap. Is mcnair worth that?

Once again we have an issue where our GM seems to have screwed up signing this monster contract with mcnair who isn't an elite player anymore. Why am i the only person who ever has a complaint about things like that?

6. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

Ha ha ha.

Even if the Seahawks dont resign Alexander, he aint coming to Tennessee. Not in a jillion years.

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Bongo on TITANSCENTRAL wrote something I thought was interesting to consider:

I wouldn't be surprised if Reese and Co have some diminished feelings about McNair IMO. I also can see where they feel the heat of making some solid progress this year. Certainly Mack didn't spend alot of time in practice during the season, for whatever reason, so I can see there could be some bad feelings for sure. There are also rumors that the organization is seriously considering making a deal for Brees but I can't see how we could make that happen with our CAP numbers and the fact even if we cut McNair he costs too much on the CAP. Another rumor is that Dallas is seriously thinking about working a trade with NO for VY and that the Titans are not very high on Lienart.

8. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Rumour has it that rumours are never true :winker:

Really I think either they will get a deal done that's cheaper than the 1million buyout or they use the buyout. No point in giving him a new longer and more expensive deal when he only has 1 or 2 years left as a starter on this team, imo.

He will only be released if it saves considerable money compared to keeping him and as I understand the figures they're about the same?

9. You're complaining about a contract extension full of unguaranteed money that was signed on the heels of an MVP season. That's why you're the only one complaining...

10. maximus

maximus Starter

If that is true, then rumor has it that that rumor isnt true:winker:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar