McNair Would Love to Play With Young

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jan 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: When Texas QB Vince Young scored the winning touchdown in the Rose Bowl Wednesday night, one of his idols was sitting in the stands. Titans QB Steve McNair is known to Young as "Big Papa" and has known him since he was a sophomore in high school. McNair is proud of what Young has become. "It has been a pleasure watching him mature as a player and as a person in the many years that I have known him," McNair said. "He is what an NFL quarterback is all about in this day and age. He can beat you with his arms or his legs and has the leadership abilities required of an NFL quarterback." McNair he'd like to play with Young if the Titans drafted him and his contract issues were resolved. "Sure, I would love to play with him and to continue our relationship with teammates," McNair said. "But there are a lot of questions still to be answered."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. Overalls

Overalls Starter

I would be glad if he stayed in for another year.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

McNair Would Love to Play With Young - Title could use a bit a re-thinking, just for all those immature people out there. :brow:

4. johnnybow

johnnybow Guest

Now I KNOW I'm old. When I read Gunny's post I wondered for a sec what in the hell was he talking about...

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

not old, just mature enough not to notice it straight out.

6. johnnybow

johnnybow Guest

Thanks for the kind words, Gunny.

7. maximus

maximus Starter

I had to read it a couple of times through to realize what it is saying

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Americans you all too damn serious.

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

All of us? :brow:
    Apart from Young waxing the Texans for years to come...
    here's some spin cowpoke...
    Do you realize that this will split your teams fanbase even more?
    See, some Oilers fans in Texas love the Tennessee Titans...
    Couple that with TEXAS Longhorns QB???
    How many Houston Texan fans love the Longhorns more than the TEXANS?
    You can't put a figure on it but you know how much I can't stand the local Peyton, (ahem..cough) COLTS fans? :coltssuk:

It's not a reach at all really.
    Chew on that cud for a while Cow fan.

10. Overalls

Overalls Starter

So my little TENNheaded friend you are saying that if we do pick Young ALL of the Titan fans in Texas will start rooting for the Texans. Mighty weak fan base you have there if they will change loyalties because of one player.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar