McNair Willing to Do More to Help Receivers

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jan 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: QB Steve McNair has said he plans on dedicating himself to helping his young receivers mature by working with them more in camps this spring, studying film and during practice in-season. "That's the thing I've got to personally dedicate myself to, is making time for those guys to get better quicker rather than saying, 'OK, they are a rookie or a second-year guy' and letting time pass by," said McNair. McNair said he thinks a full year with a group of young receivers will help the offense make big improvements. "We need that extra experience as far as going out there doing extra work and doing a lot of film study together," he said. "This is my first time I've had a very young receiving corps. As an experienced quarterback, you need to work with those guys and tell them exactly what you want."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Excellent. Do I detect a sense of vitality in his words?

3. Ewker

Ewker Starter

if he could have practiced it might have helped this yr

4. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

what a joke....

5. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I hope they turn out to be more than just words. Our WR's need the ball more, our QB needs the reps with them more. Steve was determined to get in better shape last year, so I hope we'll see that type of commitment again.

6. TouchDown29

TouchDown29 Guest

Sound to me like a last minute plea to not get cut. He's saying it as if he could have practiced but didnt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar