Mcnair will return to his TITANS or................

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansCountry25, Dec 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansCountry25

TitansCountry25 Veteran

I know Steve Mcnair wants to return the Titans loves to play and he can still play very well even with the limited ability surrounding him. That was obvious against one of the best teams sunday If that IDIOT Floyd Reese cannot find away to sign him or some how Steve Mcnair ends up on another team which I think he would quit first. However, if something other than #9 is the quaterback for the Titans next year all is lost we will be right at the top of the Draft picks for years to come. If Mcnair is not back who will be quarterback for the future???? Volek??? I hope not he is not a starter a decent back up but not the starter for years to come for the Titans. Reese better stay in his office day and night and figure all this out!!! or he needs to be out. He has cut out the heart of this team by letting people like Eddie George, Derrick Mason, Samari Rolle, John Runyan, Andre Dyson, Jason Fisk, John Thorton, Henry Ford, Joe Salave, Denard Walker, basically that anyone identified as a Titan is now gone I ask that they do no tear out the soul that is the Titans #9 Steve "Air" Mcnair..

2. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

QUOTE--However, if something other than #9 is the quaterback for the Titans next year all is lost we will be right at the top of the Draft picks for years to come. If Mcnair is not back who will be quarterback for the future???? Volek???
    McNair has been the QB for the last 2 years and we have rec'd 2 high draft picks because of it. What will be different next year with him as our starting QB?
    I do not see McNair as anyones future QB. He might be resigned for next year to help the new QB get started, but McNair is done. It doesn't make sense to draft all these young offensive players, bring them along with McNair as QB, then in two years, when the young guys are getting ready to sprout, bring in a rookie QB. It makes sense to get all the young guys in place as soon as possible.
    I to do not believe Volek as our starter. I see him being traded this off-season. He wants a team that will allow him to start, and I don't think that will happen here. Some how, the Titans will bring in our future QB either through the draft or trading.
    ________
    BOND INSURANCE FORUMS

3. SuperFreak90

SuperFreak90 Starter

1. The Titans have no choice, but to rework McNair's contract first because they have no money freed up to do any FA shopping.
    2. When McNair signs his new contract to play the rest of his career here, the Titans will then FA shop.
    3. Then the Titans can prepare for the draft.
    Don't worry, McNair will be here next year.

4. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

That's pretty much a done fact. Only him deciding not to be here would cause him, well, not to be here. But he wants to be here, and he'll sign a new deal.

And then we should trade Volek to the Jets.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

for the number 4 pick in the draft :winker:

6. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

It is sure looks like it's going to be a very interesting off season!
    ________
    6R Transmission

7. danny

danny Guest

Could the Dolphins emerge as a possible suitor for Volek ?

8. kimberly

kimberly Camp Fodder

not only could the dolphins emerge, but you also have to look at the cardinals, and the lions, plus the ravens as suitors to win the volet sweep stakes.volek is not the future here.

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

So if Volek is not the future here than why would you think another team would not feel the same? You think we have special insider info that Volek stinks that other teams don't know about?

10. danny

danny Guest

I don't that Volek will be with the Titans in '06 but I don't think he stinks. McNair will be back next year and Volek has said he wants to be a starter in '06. If McNair is with the Titans in '06, it won't be as Volek's back up. In other words, Volek will be traded.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar